Compliance and Regulatory Manager
Job Type: Full time
CS Energy is a Queensland energy company that has more than 500 employees, operates two power stations and has a trading portfolio of 3,535 megawatts. CS Energy's core business is the generation and sale of electricity in the National Electricity Market, dispatching 30 per cent of Queensland's electricity output.
CS Energy is proud to foster an environment that builds respect, promotes inclusiveness, celebrates diversity and embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees. Reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process will be supplied to those who require additional support.
The Compliance and Regulatory Manager is a direct report to the Head of Risk, Compliance and Assurance and forms part of the team leadership. The role is responsible for maintaining a compliance strategy, framework and program for the company that supports compliance with regulatory and internal compliance requirements for key risk areas. The role will also represent the primary interface with key regulators on enquiries, requests for information and other matters working closely with the General Counsel, Legal team and other functional teams including Health, Safety and Environment and Trading.
The role will support the Head of Risk, Compliance and Assurance to promote a culture of compliance, implementing compliance monitoring and quality assurance processes to evaluate the performance and effectiveness of key compliance requirements , developing and maintaining a strong framework to ensure compliance controls and obligations are captured and monitored, educating staff on compliance requirements, measuring competency, providing expert advice, escalating compliance issues to senior management and managing interactions with regulators on trading related compliance matters.
The incumbent is expected to be assertive, passionate about compliance and has experience in dealing with executives and cross functional teams on compliance matters.
- Degree in Business/Economics, Commerce, Law, Finance or similar discipline relevant to the operations of the energy industry
- Compliance related accreditation (desirable)
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in a compliance or similar governance related role.
- Energy industry experience is desirable.
- Understanding of Corporations Act and Competition and Consumer Law;
- Knowledge of the National Electricity Rules (desirable);
- Knowledge of relevant regulators and associated legislation (Work Health Safety Queensland, Australian Energy Regulator)
- Knowledge of Risk Management, Compliance, Assurance and Governance standards and best practice
- Be decisive by using sound judgement to make decisions quickly on available information and take action;
- Communicate openly and effectively and ensure high quality information is exchanged between self and others;
You can apply for this position in 3 easy steps:
- Complete the application form below
- Upload your CV
- Click on Submit
JOB CLOSING DATE
24 March 2023