Health and Wellbeing Specialist
Job Type: Full time
CS Energy is a Queensland energy company that has more than 500 employees, operates two power stations and has a trading portfolio of 3,535 megawatts. CS Energy's core business is the generation and sale of electricity in the National Electricity Market, dispatching 30 per cent of Queensland's electricity output.
CS Energy is proud to foster an environment that builds respect, promotes inclusiveness, celebrates diversity and embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees. Reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process will be supplied to those who require additional support.
Callide Power Station is located within the vibrant community of Biloela. The relaxed central Queensland lifestyle is popular with families and singles alike, and the region boasts several schools, sporting clubs and a strong community spirit. CS Energy offers a range of benefits for regional employees including relocation assistance, education assistance, holiday travel scheme and housing assistance.
Reporting to the Principal Health and Safety Specialist, you will apply your skills and experience to enable a broad scope of health and wellbeing initiatives to be implemented in a proactive manner to assist workers to improve their health and wellbeing.
- Comprehensive health assessment skills, advanced clinical knowledge and performing nursing interventions, while working in an autonomous environment.
- Conduct basic health checks of workers and provide educated advice to those who may need further intervention
- Develop and deliver health focused education and information sessions across site to large groups
- Case management of WorkCover claims, exceptional knowledge of Act and regulation (WorkCover financials/partial wages documents/)
- Conduct respirator fitment testing and provide logical solutions in ensuring adequate measures.
- Management and execution of site-based fitness for duty programs including drugs and alcohol awareness and testing, fatigue management, physical and psychological impairment.
- Managing the CS Energy early intervention requirements and strategies in relation to injured workers both non work related and work related is a key function of this role.
- Maintaining relationships with associated medical practitioners and key stakeholders is essential.
This is a permanent, full-time position based at Callide Power Station.
The successful candidate will:
- Bachelor of Nursing Studies, current registration with AHPRA.
- Rehabilitation & Return to Work Certification
- Drug & Alcohol Certification
- Trainer and Assessor certificate IV (Desirable)
- Previous Occupational Health Nursing experience within heavy industry operations
- 5 years post graduate experience, with emergency department or rural remote nursing experience
- Demonstrated prior experience working as part of a team to achieve set targets
- Demonstrated knowledge of WHS legislation/return to work process
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in providing quality reports (with reasonable data analysis), secure record management, confidentiality issues
- Ability to work with standard software and medical databases to ensure quality records and information is maintained
- Ability to work autonomously
- Complete understanding of Scope of Practice in conjunction with Health Drugs & Poisons regulations 1996
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills to influence and achieve buy in from key stakeholders
- Strong time management capabilities
- Management of medical/first aid stock and equipment
- Accurate and timely documentation and maintenance of health records
- A reasonable level of strategic thinking, planning and problem-solving abilities
- An understanding of health and safety legislation, along with site policy and procedures relevant to area of Health & Safety
- An ability to identify key health risks relevant to industry requirements and ways to mitigate these.
You can apply for this position in 3 easy steps:
- Complete the application form below
- Upload your CV
- Click on Submit
JOB CLOSING DATE
Friday, 22 September 2023.