Job Type: Full time
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Be part of CSIRO Manufacturing’s Industrial Biotechnology Team.
- Learn and get exposure to bioreactors and variety of complex lab equipment!
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s National Science Agency!
Our research is based on multi-disciplinary scientific and engineering capabilities and uses world-class infrastructure. We partner with the industry to develop innovative products and processes that allow Australian manufacturers to be globally competitive and environmentally sustainable. As one of the world's largest, multi-disciplinary science organisations, our equipment includes world-class facilities found nowhere else in Australia.
As a Lab Technician, you will be part of CSIRO Manufacturing’s Industrial Biotechnology Team. This team functions in a complex, highly competitive commercial environment and has a research program directed towards the use of organisms and enzymes to manufacture a wide variety of different biological products. Leveraging state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure, a diverse array of skills and working in collaboration with many internal and external stakeholders, the team develops products and processes with diverse applications for the pharmaceutical, food, agricultural and chemicals industries.
Your duties will include:
- Carrying out the cleaning, assembly, sterilisation, operation and routine maintenance of bioreactors and other complex laboratory equipment.
- Assisting scientists with the preparation of reagents, solutions, growth media etc. as required.
- Assisting with experiments and the day-to-day operation of laboratory equipment as required.
- Ensuring a safe working environment in which work is completed in compliance with gene technology regulations.
- Under close supervision undertaking a range of technical tasks requiring skills developed through experience.
- Providing assistance to staff with activities pertaining to the immediate work area, as required.
Location: Clayton, Victoria
Salary: AU$47k – AU$63k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- High degree of mechanical aptitude with the willingness to complete repetitive tasks and mechanical aptitude and willingness to complete repetitive tasks.
- Attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks specifically as instructed by following documented protocols and demonstrated techniques.
- Proven organisational skills and demonstrated ability to work in a flexible environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills and the willingness to learn new techniques and approaches.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens or Australian Permanent Residents. Appointment to this role is subject to the provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
To enter a CSIRO site, CSIRO will require you to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or show a valid medical exemption from vaccination). If you are unable to meet this requirement, then you must return a negative result on a Rapid Antigen Test (within 48 hours prior to attending site) and wear a face mask whilst on the CSIRO site. These requirements apply if you are attending a CSIRO site as part of a recruitment process.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
9 October 2022, 11:00pm AEST