Technical Program Manager
Job Type: Full time
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO, one of the world’s largest multi-disciplinary science and research organisations, focuses on the issues that matter the most – our quality of life, the economy and the environment. Our Trusted Agrifood Export mission aims to boost the global export earnings of Australian grown food by $10 billion by 2030 through tools and technologies that verify our food quality, safety and sustainability credentials.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency!
- Flexible work arrangements! Mix of home and office
- Collaborative, flexible, innovative workplace that values you and your career development
We are seeking a highly motivated project manager with software development skills to drive the translation of research outcomes to software products with industry partners. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing a project management framework and processes, as well as providing technical leadership on the software product vision, implementation, and commercialisation.
The position will with in Data61, which is one of the business units in CSIRO and is the largest data innovation group in Australia.
Your duties will include:
- Work closely with technical leads across multiple projects to develop team objectives, work plans, identify and manage risks, handle interdependencies between teams, track progress, drive issues to closure, report on key results, and seek assistance from outside the team when needed.
- Support an Agile development approach as appropriate for assigned sub-teams. This may include developing and managing tasks, managing backlogs, planning sprints, coordinating sprint demos, leading retrospectives and possibly fulfilling the role of a ScrumMaster.
- Coordinate with technical and research staff, managers and customers, and possibly manage technical staff, to effectively deliver project outcomes.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with all staff and customers in the interests of good business practice to deliver commercial outcomes and enhance CSIRO’s reputation.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary, often regionally dispersed research team, to carry out tasks under limited direction.
Location: Pullenvale, Brisbane, QLD
Salary: AU $117,917 to AU $138,176 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 36 months
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant computer science and Project Management qualifications or equivalent experience (e.g. company creation).
- Demonstrated experience with software implementation projects and software product commercialisation including cloud solutions.
- Demonstrated project management experience using a variety of methodologies on a diverse range of projects with complexity in scope, size, timelines and/or number of stakeholders.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style.
- Demonstrated analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills and an ability to coordinate multiple tasks within agreed priorities, timeframes and accountabilities.
- A high degree of initiative and the ability to perform in dynamic environments.
- Experience in agritech and in agrifood supply chains
- Knowledge of commercial cloud platforms, protocols, data storage and authentication architectures.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
To enter a CSIRO site, CSIRO will require you to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (or show a valid medical exemption from vaccination). If you are unable to meet this requirement, then you must return a negative result on a Rapid Antigen Test (within 48 hours prior to attending site) and wear a face mask whilst on the CSIRO site. These requirements apply if you are attending a CSIRO site as part of a recruitment process.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
14th October 2022, 11:00pm AEST