Job Type: Full time
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Join team CSIRO and help make the impossible possible!
- Bring your Facilities experience, allowing world class science to operate smoothly!
- Supportive work environment plus 15.4% super and penalty rates
As our Facilities Coordinator you will be responsible for the general day to day facility operations, and management of maintenance contractors delivering repairs and facility services on the CSIRO Townsville, Cairns and Woodstock sites.
Located at the CSIRO Townsville ATSIP site at James Cook University you will be required to manage the day-to-day operations of the site from a building management aspect. These operations include “hard services” such as Repairs and Maintenance related work and “soft services” such as Cleaning, Security, Waste Management and Grounds Maintenance. You will also be acting as an agent for the James Cook University Property and Facilities group overseeing the facilities on behalf of JCU staff and students in the facility.
As part of this position, you will also assist in the development of maintenance and services contracts, developing budgets and cash flows for these activities.
This role will involve the potential for out of hours work and participation in afterhours callouts is mandatory. Call out responsibilities cover the Townsville and Woodstock sites and applicants will require the physical ability to access all equipment in all locations within the site.
Your duties will include:
- Develop facility operational and maintenance plans and budgets, coordinate the activities, monitor cash flows and report on the site maintenance activities;
- Provide advice and guidance on facilities and services to internal clients and staff.
- Liaise with Building Owners and Managers with regards to agreements and building compliance, lease reviews, contracts and relationship management;
- Coordinate the services to receive, process, assess, manage and monitor all job requests, utilising the CBIS work order management and invoicing system.
- Identify and implement corrective maintenance actions as required in a timely and effective manner. Provide timely information and assistance to all CSIRO staff and tenants, with regard to operational activities such as system breakdowns, services shut down, testing arrangements, etc;
- Coordinate minor works projects and planned maintenance associated with the facilities and equipment including fit-out changes and user relocations in offices, laboratories and other research areas;
- Plan, coordinate and report on site “soft services” including cleaning, security, grounds maintenance and waste management. Service the operational needs of tenants as per tenancy agreements;
- Participate in the evaluation and planning of site alterations or developments, providing input to the property records (drawings and operating procedures) including upkeep of site services drawings relating to services such as electrical, gas, fire, water, stormwater/sewer and data;
- Provide support in after-hours and emergency response requirements for sites allocated by the State Manager;
- Utilise SAP financials, MIS, SAMS and other data systems for the day to day coordination of resources including budgets and assets.
Location: Townsville, QLD
Salary: AU$89,680 - AU$101,459 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
On Call Allowance: AU $16,671 - $18,313 per annum
Overtime: Overtime is payable for all additional hours directed to work (excludes flex time)
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or proven related experience in managing facilities and services on a variety of facilities.
- Experience and knowledge in the delivery of facility management services including “hard services” such as repairs, maintenance and minor mechanical, electrical and building works; and “soft services” including security, cleaning, waste management, grounds maintenance and accommodation relocations for a diverse range of complex research and support facilities.
- Demonstrated ability of managing facilities and with a sound knowledge of related regulations and standards;
- Ability to work under limited direction, accept responsibility and direction, and be accountable for on-site service provision, including capability to co-ordinate trade and other services contractors to ensure delivery of services in accordance with relevant time, cost, quality, statutory and user satisfaction requirements.
- Validated interpersonal skills, developed negotiation skills and a strong “customer service” focus. This includes demonstrated skills in effective communications and developing effective working relationships in a demanding environment with a diverse customer and stakeholder base. It shall also include the maintaining and updating of records and preparing written reports as required by the Regional or Senior Facilities Manager;
- Established ability to apply and appreciate relevant procedures/protocols, compliance and statutory requirements associated with Federal, State and Local Government building and services codes and regulations and Occupational Health and Safety requirements that may be applicable to personnel operations and safety and security at CSIRO’s research facilities.
- Demonstrated experience using software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and written, graphic and oral communication skills.
- A current driver’s license.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of Facilities Maintenance on a science related facility;
- Membership of relevant professional associations or
- Hold a Business related qualification or relevant experience
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
26 March 2023, 11:00pm AEDT