Innovation Program Administrator
Job Type: Full time
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Enrich your professional experience!
- Support a diverse range of tasks and stakeholders
- A fulfilling administrative opportunity within a great team at CSIRO!
Provide superior Program Administration support to CSIRO’s Innovation & Engagement Services Team! This group manages Innovation programs for researchers and services to accelerate impact with their work!
Your efforts will result in providing administration that supports, well designed and managed projects, effective stakeholder management and robust contractual and financial management which will lead to affecting positive outcomes for CSIRO more broadly.
Your duties will include:
- Being the main contact point for participants of innovation programs, sending group messages, answering queries.
- Providing operational and administrative support for the delivery of multiple concurrent programs.
- Supporting procurement processes, including contract management, for key delivery partner engagements.
- Supporting project budgeting, tracking, reconciling and monitoring for project financials, and processing invoices.
- Undertaking project reporting, including data capture and generation of regular and ad hoc metrics and deliverables.
- Supporting project communication for internal and external stakeholders; maintaining a schedule of meetings and communication mechanisms to share key project outcomes.
Location: CSIRO Sites in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane preferred (hybrid working environment).
Salary: AU $68,148 - $86,733 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 30 November 2025
To be considered you will need:
- Previous experience in an administrative role providing proactive support in a fast paced and complex environment.
- The confidence to operate effectively in situations that lack clarity and to quickly adapt in changing circumstances, to achieve objectives.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills, with the appropriate foresight to anticipate and prioritise conflicting demands, and escalate issues as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimal direction whilst showing initiative.
- The ability and willingness to generate improved solutions in work situations, trying creative ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
- Desirable experience includes, experience in an innovation context (e.g. start-up / accelerator/incubator, corporate innovation or research commercialisation) and an interest in Science and Innovation in Australia and a genuine passion to see great Australian research translate into real world outcomes.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
26 March 2023, 11:00pm AEDT