Job Type: Full time
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Supportive, rewarding, inclusive environment.
- Innovative and collaborative workplace with fantastic flexibility
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier research organisation
The role of the Automation Controller will contribute to the delivery and operations of new and existing Intelligent Automation software solutions and enable innovations in emerging technologies in business processing automation.
This is an operational support role, providing assistance with the transition to production for newly developed automations, overseeing the hypercare period, and ensuring the quality assurance of our fleet of autonomous automation agents (bots). The role will work closely with the lead-controller, and the support-manager, to co-ordinate and undertake the required support activities across the automation fleet.
You will use your knowledge of automation development practices and the automation lifecycle, to assess the ongoing performance of our production automation agents, undertaking root-cause-analysis to diagnose and rectify operational issues that may arise.
You will provide feedback and advice to the development team, to assist with any change-management requests for productive automations, and you will provide backup support within the development team when needed.
You will also help to provide front-line support, and triage, for issues and incidents arising across the teams broader technology stack.
This position is being offered as a professional development opportunity. Training and support will be provided to the successful candidate, to assist with their transition into intelligent automation. Whilst the role has a primary focus on automation, you will be provided with opportunities to participate in the broader range of activities and platforms supported within the team.
Your duties will include:
- Maintain the operational schedule of CSIRO's automation agents by preparing inputs and executing processes on demand, when needed, ensuring prompt and reliable service delivery
- Provide ongoing monitoring of CSIRO’s automation agent fleet, to proactively identify emerging issues, undertaking root-cause analysis when needed to identify the source of problems, and to reallocate automation agents to handle transactional volume to ensure SLA’s are met
- Provide Level 1 and Level 2 support as needed to undertake any emergency rectification work to restore automation agents to productive service, delivering timely solutions and responses
- Manage incidents by monitoring and responding to reported issues and incidents that are received via the teams service queue, triaging and escalating incidents according to the agreed incident management processes when necessary
- Coordinate maintenance-development activities within the team, to rectify or optimise productive automations when needed
- Collaborate within the team to assist with the design and development of automation solutions using a variety of platforms and tools
Location: Canberra, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart
Salary: AU$89k - AU$101k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant trade certificate/diploma/bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience in software development, software engineering or computer science
- Demonstrated experience in an operational support role, monitoring and responding to production service interruptions.
- Demonstrated understanding of the different roles of technology in business transformation, process optimisation, and/or intelligent automation
- Proven track record of paying attention to detail, assuming complete ownership and responsibility for resolving issues, while ensuring successful outcomes.
- Strong analytical, verbal, presentation, and organisational skills
- Demonstrated understanding of programming principles, and experience with at least one programming language
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens Only
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the NV1 level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 9th of April 2023, 11:00pm AEST
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed,
Please consider applying as soon as possible.