Job Type: Full time
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Trade qualification in Mechanical Fitting and Licenced Electrician
- Be a part of a highly collaborative and cohesive manufacturing team
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science Agency!
CSIRO’s Manufacturing Business Unit brings together multi-disciplinary scientific and engineering capabilities using world-class infrastructure to partner with industry to develop innovative products and processes that allow Australian manufacturers to be globally competitive and environmentally sustainable.
We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced Electrical Fitter to join our cGMP-regulated manufacturing team to perform preventive maintenance, and calibration tasks and respond to alarms and breakdowns for all plant equipment and utilities within the site.
If you are a licenced electrician having some experience with PM activities and exposure to PLC and VSD based automation systems and looking to build a career in a regulated manufacturing industry, then do not hesitate to apply.
Your duties will include:
- Performing preventative maintenance work orders and generating reports.
- Responding to alarms and breakdowns.
- Documenting work history records and entering follow-up requests on the computerised maintenance management system.
- Inducting and supervising external contractors performing maintenance or calibration work.
- Performing equipment calibration.
- Writing new facility and plant maintenance procedures including SOPs and Work Instructions.
- Supporting a safety culture by conducting work area risk assessments and writing Safe Working Instructions.
- Providing a 24/7 response on a rostered basis for the cGMP facility and being available for any kind of emergency maintenance and repairs at short notice.
Location: Clayton, Melbourne VIC
Salary: AU$89k – AU$101k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite / Full-time
To be considered you will need:
- A trade qualification in Mechanical Fitting and Licenced Electrician (Electrical instrumentation experience/qualification).
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematic drawings. Experience with PLC’s and VSD’s based automation systems.
- Demonstrated experience in the Regulated manufacturing industry and preventative maintenance activities.
- Possessing mechanical aptitude and demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and respond to equipment and utility breakdowns.
- Proven written and oral communication skills and the ability to cultivate productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- The proven ability to work effectively as part of a team and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
16 April 2023, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT