Job Type: Full time
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Join team CSIRO and help make the impossible possible!
- Love working collaboratively with a range of internal/external stakeholders?
- Bring your Facilities experience to allow world class science to operate smoothly!
We are looking for a new Facilities Officer to join our team at our Narrabri site. This role will see you working in our Business and Infrastructure Services unit (CBIS), reporting to the Facilities Manager.
As the Facilities Officer, you'll monitor contractors to ensure their service delivery is aligned with the specified contract conditions. You’ll undertake a range of administrative tasks and liaise with a range of stakeholders across the organisation to support day-to-day operations.
This is an exciting opportunity to work across a broad range of tasks and duties to develop your career within facilities management. Join an organisation solving Australia’s greatest challenges through science and technology, apply now!
Your duties will include:
- Responding courteously and efficiently to client requests, maintaining clear communication regarding mutual expectations and monitoring client satisfaction.
- Under technical direction, undertaking a range of administrative tasks, with discretion in selecting the most appropriate method and sequence of completing tasks.
- Providing support to more senior staff, delivering precedent-based policy & procedure interpretation and advice, and instructing others on routine administrative activities.
- Recommending improvements to systems and procedures and implementing any approved changes.
- Monitoring the daily facilities services works undertaken by CBIS staff and contractors to ensure compliance with programs and contracts.
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of the site, its equipment and the current maintenance needs. Raising works orders as necessary or perform minor tasks as directed which may be considered “handyman style works”.
- Other duties as directed.
Location: Narrabri, NSW
Salary: AU$68k - AU$86k pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite, Full-time.
To be considered you will need:
- Ability to work under limited direction, accept responsibility and direction, and be accountable for on-site service provision, including capability to co-ordinate trade and other services contractors to ensure delivery of services in accordance with relevant time, cost, quality, statutory and user satisfaction requirements.
- Knowledge of facility management services including “hard services” such as repairs, maintenance and minor mechanical, electrical and building works; and “soft services” including security, cleaning, waste management, grounds maintenance and accommodation relocations for a diverse range of complex research and support facilities.
- Good interpersonal skills and a sense of customer service with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Experience with relevant computer software comprising Microsoft, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Trade Certificate or previous experience in Facilities Management.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
6th June 2023, 11:00pm AEST.