ICT Systems Administrator - Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex
Job Type: Full time
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
The Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex (CDSCC) supports ground-based spacecraft telecommunications as part of the international National Aeronautic Space Administration (NASA) Deep Space Network (DSN), under contractual arrangements between the NASA and Commonwealth Scientific Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).
As an ICT Systems Administrator, you will be part of the ICT Team which provides a range of ICT support services at the Canberra Deep Space Communications Complex mission in accordance with the requirements of NASAs Deep Space Network.
These ICT support services include:
- Server infrastructure
- Systems Network
- End User Support
- Unified Communications (e.g. Telephony, Email, Video Conferencing, Paging, Radios etc.)
- Collaboration Tools and Data Management
- Compute and Storage Services (Cloud & On Premises)
- IP Operations Management
- Audio Visual
- Cyber Security
Your duties will include:
- Collaborating with other System Administrators in the following duties:
- Designing the server infrastructure required to support the CDSCC Administrative LAN.
- Designing and managing Active Directory services and Domain Group Policies, including security groups and organizational units.
- Developing, deploying and administering the CDSCC email system.
- Installing and configuring Server hardware.
- Managing, planning and implementing server updates, upgrades, maintenance, and patching.
- Monitoring hardware performance and providing input into discussions on equipment upgrades/replacement.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, resolving and documenting Server related (hardware and software) operational problems.
- Developing backup strategies, carrying out backups and recovering of data and systems as required.
- Developing, testing and documenting disaster recovery procedures.
- Documenting existing and new systems to a high level, for both support staff and end users.
- Collaborating with Network Group to ensure availability, reliability, and consistency of network attached devices.
- Assisting in investigation and resolution of network problems.
- Providing second level and above support to end users.
- Responding to routine requests for Cyber Security support.
Location: Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex
Salary: AU$97,411 – AU$109,806 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- A tertiary qualification in Information Technology and/or equivalent relevant experience.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of Windows Domain Server based system and Desktop environment in an enterprise LAN WAN Networking infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, own and resolve complex problems, taking ownership through to successful completion, and provide level 2 (or above) support as required.
- Demonstrated experience managing a virtual environment, preferably Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Demonstrated ability to manage an Enterprise Email system.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a system and data backup and recovery system.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills with the ability convey complex technical information to both technical and non-technical recipient’s.
- Demonstrated ability to write technical documentation.
- Knowledge, Skills or experience with Cyber security disciplines.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens only. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
22 June 2023, 11:00pm AEST/AEDT
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed. Please consider applying as soon as possible.