cGMP Support Technician for Biologics Manufacturing Facility
Job Type: Full time
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Lab cleaning, sterilisation and maintenance activities
- Knowledge of GMP requirements and associated SOPs
- Full-time opportunity within a very supportive team culture!
CSIRO’s Manufacturing Business Unit brings together multi-disciplinary scientific and engineering capabilities using world-class infrastructure to partner with industry in order to develop innovative products and processes to allow Australian manufacturers to be globally competitive and environmentally sustainable.
We are looking for a highly motivated GMP Support Technician who under the able guidance of the facility manager, will conduct a range of practical tasks in support of GMP manufacturing operations including glassware wash-up, facility and equipment maintenance and cleaning, receipt of raw materials under the quality management system (QMS), managing inventory, and preparation of sterile materials using established sterilisation processes.
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring the receipt and tracking of raw materials to support GMP manufacturers working through the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) of our existing QMS tool.
- Performing cleaning and maintenance activities associated with autoclaves, dishwashers and laboratory equipment to ensure sterilisation and cleaning processes meet standard requirements under GMP.
- Following the Laboratory waste disposal protocol for Physical Containment Class 2 (PC2) and the Office of the Gene Technology Regulator (OGTR) conditions.
- Managing other general laboratory maintenance duties as required including ordering and stocking laboratories with standard consumables
- Complying and working under appropriate activity risk assessments (ARAs), safe work instructions (SWIs) and plant-risk assessments (PRAs).
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU$51k - AU$65k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of up to 3 years / Full-time
To be considered you will need:
- Certificate of high school education and/or relevant technical certificate or degree in a relevant scientific field.
- Demonstrated practical ability to undertake tasks as instructed and adhere to laboratory safety protocols.
- Strong organising skills with the ability to prioritise competing tasks by making informed judgements and having critical attention to detail.
- Demonstrated track record of working collaboratively within a team to achieve results.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Office applications.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description.
Applications for this position are open to all Australian/New Zealand Citizens; Australian Permanent Residents and/or Australian Temporary Residents residing in Australia with full work rights till the end of the contract with no visa sponsorship support from CSIRO. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
18 June 2023, 11:00pm AEST.