Project Support Officer
Job Type: Full time
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Support in the delivery of complex capital works!
- Support the ACDP Project Team!
- Supportive work environment
As the CBIS Project Support Officer, you will provide coordination and administrative support in the planning and delivery of complex capital works projects. This role will require the coordination contractors, onboarding of contractor teams, communication of project updates and key change management initiatives, arrangement of stakeholder and project team availability, development and preparation of meeting papers, and implementation of policies, systems, and procedures to assist Capital Works to achieve objectives, and meet Government and regulatory responsibilities.
You will be responsible to the B&IS Project Director and be supported by the capital works project management office (PMO). To be successful in this position, you will possess high level interpersonal skills with a focus on quality customer service, an understanding of project management, and the ability to coordinate the activities of contractors. You will need to draw on expertise about CSIRO and Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP) procedures and processes in order to provide timely and accurate project support.
Your duties will include:
- Frequently undertake a range of administrative and support tasks (for example, coordination of stakeholder meetings, preparation, and distribution of meeting papers, taking accurate minutes of technical meetings, entering financial data and processing invoices, etc) under instruction, in accordance with established procedures and using skills developed through experience and/or training.
- Process site visitor requests, secure visitor requests, contractor access requests, contractor inductions, security clearances, and requests for police checks and National Health Security checks.
- Provide basic instruction and assistance to staff for the purpose of maintaining accuracy and compliance with policy and procedures, relevant to the immediate work area and responsibilities, as required.
- Support the ACDP Project Team in contractor management including communication with and coordination of contractors in carrying out works at ACDP.
- Coordinate the preparation of permits, procurement of goods and services, engage with stakeholders to plan and inform of upcoming works, and provide escort on site where required.
- Respond courteously and efficiently to requests for your services, keep clients informed about progress and redirect requests to appropriate staff when required.
- Look for opportunities to generate improved solutions in work situations, trying creative ways to deal with routine problems and opportunities, and exercising initiative when applying established procedures.
- Communicate openly, effectively, and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
Location: Geelong, VIC - Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness (ACDP)
Salary: AU$68,148 - AU$86,733 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be considered you will need:
- Demonstrated strong organisational skills, excellent communication (written and oral) skills, ability to multitask and prioritise demands, accepting personal responsibility for doing the job well.
- Qualifications and/or experience in Project Coordination, administration and/or project support.
- Demonstrated experience and a willingness to undertake a range of administrative support tasks as noted in the duties and key results areas.
- Proven ability to demonstrate initiative, actively contribute as a team member and share relevant and useful information.
- An ability to recognise and seek to resolve problems as they arise and escalate issues as required.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the ability to become familiar with specific software and systems.
- Experience in providing administrative support in the planning and delivery of complex capital works projects.
- Experience in O2D and SAP financial reports or demonstrate experience in other project/asset based financial systems.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements. The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Negative Vetting 1 level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
20 September 2023, 11:00pm AEST