SAP BI Developer
Job Type: Full time
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science Agency!
- Are you interested in transforming the abstract into the actual?
- Outstanding opportunity to grow your career - Training provided.
- Flexible work arrangements
CSIRO's Information and Technology (IM&T) business unit is continuing an ambitious program of work to support the organisation's ongoing strategy. Underpinning the program is a desire for staff to have seamless, secure access to tools, systems and processes that back the delivery of world-class science.
Members of the IMT Data Analytics Team are responsible for developing and providing Business Intelligence, Analytics & Planning capabilities to staff across all areas of CSIRO. This requires expertise in relevant SAP technologies and a sound understanding of business operations, processes and information requirements. They also undertake system administration roles including maintenance of master data, security and system access requirements, auditing to ensure system integrity and system troubleshooting.
As a valued contributor to our Business Intelligence Development Team, you will play a pivotal role in advancing our data pipelines and models within the SAP BW/4HANA Enterprise Data Warehouse and its interconnected systems. Your involvement will be key in shaping data models that underpin the operations of Australia's National Science Agency, working collaboratively with our dedicated Reporting Analysts to align with business requirements. Within our Agile Business Intelligence delivery team, you'll actively engage in the entire solution delivery lifecycle, including supporting data flows in SAP Data Services, developing data models in SAP BW/4HANA 2.0, and crafting Stories and Planning models in SAP Analytics Cloud.
Your duties will include:
- Extract, Load & Transform data from SAP and non-SAP source systems using technologies like Data Services & SDI / SDA.
- Document and develop changes within the EDW to support analytic requirements.
- Develop enterprise analytics & dashboards using SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Maintain SAP Business Objects reporting solutions.
- Conduct unit testing and peer review of developments.
- Collaborate in architectural decisions and information delivery strategies.
- Work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed team.
Location: Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney, Hobart (other locations considered)
Salary: AU$89k - AU$101k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary degree or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated SQL development understanding, including query optimisation.
- Basic knowledge of dimensional modelling concepts to support development.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and software development practices.
- Strong analytical skills to translate business requirements into effective data solutions.
- Ability to collaborate within cross-functional teams.
- Eagerness to learn SAP BW/4HANA and SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to articulate and document technical concepts.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
- Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens only
- Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
- The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the NV1 Level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 8th of October 11:00pm AEST
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed,
Please consider applying as soon as possible.