Planning Technical Lead
Job Type: Full time
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science Agency!
- Are you interested in transforming the abstract into the actual?
- Outstanding opportunities to grow & develop your career.
- Permanent position with flexible work arrangements
CSIRO's Information and Technology (IM&T) business unit is embarking on an ambitious program of work to support the organisation's strategy to 2024 and beyond. The program aims to provide staff with seamless and secure access to tools, systems, and processes necessary for delivering world-class science. As part of this program, we are seeking an Enterprise Planning Technical Lead within the Data Analytics team at CSIRO.
The Enterprise Planning Technical Lead will be responsible for developing and leading the organisation's capability for enterprise planning using SAP Analytics Cloud. Key responsibilities will include developing planning models, guiding the business in driving sophistication for enterprise planning, and supporting the transition from SAP BPC to SAC Planning. The successful candidate will possess technical expertise in developing planning models and exceptional communication skills, as this role requires close collaboration with business stakeholders.
The role also involves working closely with the finance planning team to understand CSIRO's financial planning needs and oversee the development and support of financial planning models. Collaboration with the SAP BW data warehousing team will be required to ensure the availability of the necessary data for planning. The successful candidate will play a critical role in the organisation's transition from SAP BPC to SAC Planning.
Your duties will include:
- Work closely with key stakeholders, finance planning and SAP FICO teams to understand CSIRO's financial planning needs.
- Lead the development and implementation of SAP Analytics Cloud planning models.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to the team and business on SAP Analytics Cloud planning capabilities.
- Facilitate the migration of existing SAP BPC planning models to SAC Planning.
- Work with the business to identify, document and implement best practices for enterprise planning.
- Provide training and support for the use of SAP Analytics Cloud for planning purposes.
Location: Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney, Hobart (other locations considered)
Salary: AU$121k - AU$142k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- Relevant bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Strong technical understanding of planning models and solutions using SAP BPC or SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Strong leadership and project management skills, with the ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage stakeholders at differing levels.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Customer-focused approach and commitment to delivering high-quality solutions.
- Experience migrating SAP BPC planning models to SAC Planning.
- Current Certification in SAP Analytics Cloud: Planning.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
- Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens only
- Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
- The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the NV1 Level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 8th of October 11:00pm AEST
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed,
Please consider applying as soon as possible.