Administration Support Officer
Job Type: Full time
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Join team CSIRO! In Clayton, VIC.
- Committed to delivering superior customer service?
- Do you have a talent for juggling multiple tasks?
Join our team at CSIRO in Clayton as our Administrative Support Officer!
Are you ready for an exciting career opportunity? As part of our team, you'll play a crucial role in providing logistical, administrative, and reception services to support our facility management responsibilities across a wide range of CSIRO operational functions.
What will you need to succeed in this role? Strong organisational and communication skills are a must. You should thrive in an environment where managing and prioritising multiple tasks and requests is the norm. Our ideal candidate is not just professional but also excels in time management and is committed to delivering customer service focused outcomes.
If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding administrative role within a respected organisation like CSIRO, apply now and become an integral part of our team! Your skills and dedication will help us continue our mission of making a positive impact through innovation and research. Join us in shaping a better future.
Your duties will include:
- Responding courteously and efficiently to client requests, maintaining clear communication regarding mutual expectations and monitoring client satisfaction.
- Undertaking a broad range of property-related administrative activities to a high standard, in support of the CBIS site, state or regional team. This includes interaction with facilities management systems at an experienced user level as may be required for the efficient operation of the facility.
- Assisting in the security of the site, including management, maintenance and issue of keys, access cards, ID cards, and related staff, visitor, and contractor registers.
- General team support by way of monitoring the team’s email inbox, distributing requests appropriately and escalating issues as required.
- Updating and maintaining records and databases, complying with administrative systems and processes, to ensure that all information is accurate, stored correctly and accessible
- Delivering multiple administrative support activities and services in line with agreed standards, timeframes, and milestones, given tight timeframes and the need to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Providing support to staff and instruct others on rostering, event management and routine administrative activities, as required.
- Providing support to Line Manager and Reception team across the Clayton, Aspendale and Werribee sites as required.
Location: Clayton, Vic
Salary: AU$68,148k - AU$86,733k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Demonstrate ability to manage facility administrative functions in a complex property environment, including prioritising workloads, repairs and maintenance work order life cycles, contractor liaison and good communication skills.
- Demonstrate experience and a willingness to undertake a range of general administrative support tasks in an office and security environment, including (but not limited to): organising meetings and preparation of minutes, running and management of scheduled and adhoc site and security reports, issuing and management of security access passes, monitoring and management of electronic key safe system. Maintaining spreadsheets and databases and provide general finance support for the facilities management staff.
- Sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (including Teams, Excel, Word, Outlook, and SharePoint) applications and competent keyboard skills. The ability to become familiar with the use of facilities management specific software and systems.
- Knowledge and experience of reception desk functions to provide relief during breaks and the flexibility to provide relief during periods of leave.
- Proven ability to demonstrate initiative, actively contribute as a team member and share relevant and useful information.
- Demonstrated strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise demands, accepting personal responsibility for doing the job well. Show initiative with problem solving and making changes to improve performance.
- Assist CBIS or emergency staff with communications generally and particularly during an emergency.
- Other duties as required.
- Knowledge of the Corrigo Enterprise system, Gallagher Command Centre, CCTV software, Content Manager, Envoy, KeySecure
- Knowledge and experience with workflow software
- Experience in a customer/help desk service environment
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
3 October 2023, 11:00pm AEST