Indigenous Employment Program Coordinator (Identified Role - Indigenous)
Job Type: Full time
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Are you passionate about Indigenous Employment?
- Build and maintain trusted relationships to create sustainable careers for Indigenous people
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s leading scientific research organisation!
CSIRO is seeking a motivated and driven Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person to join CSIRO as the Indigenous Employment Program Coordinator to support the effective delivery of CSIRO’s Indigenous Employment Programs.
The role will be responsible for providing cultural and business support to program stakeholders and will pro-actively facilitate the coordination of care and individual support including career management for Program participants.
You will act as trusted advisor working collaboratively with Talent, People Partnering and business units to support the delivery of CSIRO’s Indigenous employment programs to ensure seamless, consistent and integrated support is embedded across the program lifecycle.
Your duties will include:
- Manage the delivery of CSIRO’s Indigenous Employment Programs by engaging with internal stakeholders, under limited direction, using program and cultural knowledge to support a range of Indigenous program and engagement activities.
- Work with supervisors, People Partners and program staff to ensure consistent and culturally safe and inclusive practices are embedded in program delivery.
- Act as a trusted advisor, including understanding the client’s Business Unit, investigating the underlying needs of the client, and being able to identify and adapt quickly to client and market needs and changes.
- Lead programs for CSIRO’s Indigenous Talent Team by developing, implementing, and evaluating organisational performance to ensure organisational outcomes are achieved.
Location: Any Australian CSIRO Site may be considered
Salary: AU$89,680 to AU$101,459 (pro-rata for part-time) + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specific term until 30 June 2026, full-time (flexible working arrangements available)
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or equivalent relevant work experience in Indigenous employment or human resources or related field
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing employment projects or programs that focus on sustainable employment outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Strong judgement and problem-solving skills with an ability proactively question and explore alternative approaches in support of a holistic view to outcomes/organisational purpose.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in navigating, communicating and coaching Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural sensitivities and protocols in a complex organisation.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
CSIRO considers the filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity/affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth).
The position is therefore only open to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people with Australian Citizenship. The successful applicant will be required to provide evidence to confirm that they are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person.
The successful applicant is required to provide contact details of at least one Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Cultural Referee to confirm their ability to work and communication respectfully with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
As part of their application process, we ask that candidates provide the following:
- Curriculum Vitae – outlining relevant aligning experience.
- Cover Letter or Executive Summary – outlining the motivation for applying and a high-level snapshot of relevant aligning capabilities and experience. This document should not be longer than two pages.
- Contact details for three Referees (including one Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Cultural referee) – Referees will only be contacted after prior consultation with the candidate. It is the candidate's responsibility to ensure that their referees are willing to provide reports when contacted by CSIRO.
22 October 2023, 11:00pm AEST