Senior Specialist – Operational Readiness Plant Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Reporting to the Associate Director, Building and Operations Services you will role will support the coordination, development and overall operational readiness for the engineering function within new CSL Melbourne, with a specific focus on process (e.g. WFI, Pure Steam, Lab Grade Water, Lab HVAC ) and building utilities (e.g. Plant Steam, Boilers, Office HVAC ). The new CSL Melbourne facility will be the new HQ for CSL R&D and Corporate.
- Create operational readiness documentation – including terms of reference, risk assessments
- Prepare criticality assessments, spare part procurement and maintenance planning for process and building utilities
- Coordinate subject matter expertise regarding R&D and building utility requirements
- To be an important client contact between R&D and Global Engineering / BMW Engineering departments for the project
- Ensure that manufacturing environments and process utilities follow cGMP and cleanroom principles
- To support the operational readiness and project teams, including occasionally assisting other team members
Your skills and experience
- B.Eng in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) with 5 to 7 year experience in plant operations
- Understanding of R&D operations, facility design and maintenance
- Knowledge of complex engineering systems – e.g. HVAC, WFI and PFS
- Knowledge of shutdown planning, asset criticality, preventative maintenance planning and spare parts ordering
- Understand of regulatory guidance such as FDA, TGA and OGTR
- Understand and experience in validation and quality systems
- Knowledge on computerised process control and automation systems (e.g. Siemens PCS7)
- Experience in clean room design and practise
- Flexible working hours (role may include some late night/international teleconferences)
How to apply
Apply now for a role now with a varied remit in an organisation going through considerable investment and change.Applications close 9th of December
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
CSL is a leading global biotechnology company with a dynamic portfolio of life-saving medicines, including those that treat haemophilia and immune deficiencies, as well as vaccines to prevent influenza. Since our start in 1916, we have been driven by our promise to save lives through innovation. Learn more about CSL.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL!