EHS Specialist - Project
Job Type: Full time
CSL (top 5 listed ASX organisation and a leading global biotechnology company) is continuing to invest and grow. Working at Australia's largest pharmaceutical site, you will lead, develop, review and implement EHS programs, maintaining regulatory compliance, and designing safety into many capital projects at our CSL Behring Broadmeadows site.
You will provide guidance and technical expertise to achieve excellence in the area of EHS compliance and supporting daily operations, leading EHS design, maintaining required programs, training personnel, supporting the implementation of the EHS Management System, and participating in EHS audits/assessments.
Your tasks will include:
- Drive EHS strategy, including design input/review, HAZOP/Risk reviews, construction works involvement and full operational readiness for our significant capital projects including setting standards and design direction
- Monitor and track capital projects to determine EHS impacts to site operations. Report status updates
- Systems monitoring of the principal contractor including reviewing implementation and effectiveness of Safety Management Plans, Traffic Management Plans and Subcontractor Management.
- Systems monitoring of CSL engaged contractors including reviewing implementation and effectiveness of Safety Management Plans (including SWMS), Traffic Management Plans and subcontractor Management.
- Assist CSL Engineers in developing and reviewing SWMS; in particular when CSL is operating as the Principal Contractor
To be successful you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Safety, Engineering, Environmental, or related field.
- 5+ years in an EHS role preferably in a Industrial / Manufacturing environment
- Experience in EHS project management, including design and operational readiness
- Work in a team setting and among multiple department functions that allows for cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working together to ensure each employee and the department to succeed.
- Intervene as needed and appropriate to address safety and environmental concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to organise, prioritise, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and ensure implementation of company safety and environmental compliance standards.
Apply now to join an organisation with $2 billion capital spend in Australia! Please submit your application in one document.
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!