Job Type: Not Specified
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Trade Assistant to work in our Perth Workshop . You will provide support to our team of specialist technicians. You will be an integral team member within our busy workshop, supporting our on and off highway business.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways\:
- Cleaning of engines and associated components
- Providing support to technicians
- Maintain work area and tools for cleanliness and remove any hazards
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures, and legislation and report any issues / incidents to your supervisor
- Assist with completing required documentation, such as work completed documentation and time sheets via handwritten forms or business system input screens
- Comply with all safe work procedures including Personal Protective Equipment to create a safe work environment
To be successful in this role you will need the following\:
- A current Forklift ticket is preferred
- Previous experience as a Trade assistant is highly desirable – ideally with a mechanical aptitude
- Have the ability to follow repetitive systems/procedures in a labour-intensive environment
- Have a genuine commitment to workplace safety
- Be able to work as part of a team and follow instructions
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly rate commensurate with experience.
- Overtime penalties.
- Participation in an annual variable compensation (bonus) program.
- Salary continuance insurance.
- Discounts with select private health insurance, PC software/hardware and a range of vehicles.
- Annual remuneration reviews.
- Safety equipment / PPE and uniforms provided a range of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.