Job Type: Not Specified
Diesel Mechanical Technician – Pooraka $5,000 Sign On Bonus
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Workshop Diesel Mechanic to join our team specialising in Heavy Vehicle repairs and maintenance for our Pooraka branch.
Reporting to the Workshop Manager, In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways\:
- Deliver a first-class service to our customers across, automotive, high horsepower, on-highway and power generation product applications.
- Complete repairs and maintenance of heavy diesel products
- Diagnose and repair various engines
- Inspect and replace components as required
- Engine rebuilding and reconditioning
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to safety, health and environmental procedures
- Timely completion of required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
To be successful in this role you will need the following\:
- Mechanical trades qualified as a Heavy Vehicle Mechanic or automotive technician (light / heavy / engine recon)
- Experience as a technician in the service and maintenance of heavy diesel products.
- Ideally possess engine rebuild and reconditioning experience
- Solid diagnostic and IT capabilities
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive hourly rate paid plus overtime
- $5,000 sign on bonus (Conditions apply)
- Tool of Trade Vehicle provided
- Safety equipment / PPE and laundered uniforms provided
- Tool Allowance
- Ongoing training and development
- Income Protection continuance insurance
- Discounts with select private health insurance, PC software/hardware and a range of vehicles
- Annual remuneration review and annual variable compensation (bonus) program
- Employee Assistance Program available to employees
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.