Technician - Field Service Power Generation (Electrical)
Job Type: Not Specified
- $5000 sign on bonus
- Competitive hourly rate
- Carole Park
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Technician - Electrical to join our Power Generation Team in Carole Park. This role will see you as part of a team of field-based technicians specialising in repairing and maintaining high horsepower, prime and standby generators.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways\:
- Deliver a first-class service to our customers.
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics on generators up to 3350KVA
- Modify wiring harnesses/diagrams.
- Complete routine engine services (oil and filter changes and general engine maintenance)
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and report any issues / incidents to the Field Service Supervisor
- Commissioning of new generators, transfer switches and digital master controllers
- Working closely with the mechanical team
- Complete all work with a high focus on safety.
- Participate in an afterhours on call roster.
To be successful in this role you will need the following\:
- Full electrical license required, Queensland license preferred.
- Be keen to upskill with Cummins product training.
- Solid diagnostic and IT capabilities.
- Previous industrial experience as senior or sole electrician.
- An in depth understanding of control systems (including PLC and relay logic)
- The ability to interpret electrical schematics.
- Put safety first, every task every day.
- Excellent teamwork and customer service skills.
- A current valid driver’s license.
- Have worked in an environment where a code of conduct is embedded.
- Previous experience in power generation products would be highly regarded but is not essential.
Compensation and Benefits
- $5,000 Sign on bonus (conditions apply)
- Competitive hourly rate paid as a permanent salary.
- Ongoing training and career development (Cummins electrical and mechanical system)
- Participation in an annual variable compensation (bonus) program.
- Income Protection continuance insurance.
- Discounts with select private health insurance.
- Tool of the trade vehicle
- Tool allowance
- Annual remuneration reviews
- Safety equipment / PPE and uniforms provided and a range of personal and professional benefits.
- Tooling and On Call Allowance
- Overtime & Loading Penalties
- Paid Parental Leave (Conditions Apply)
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for All Women. Click here (link to our work180 page\: https\://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/cummins-australia/jobs ) to check out our Benefits