Technician - Field Service (2/1)
Job Type: Not Specified
Technician - Field Service (2/1 FIFO)
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Technician - Field Service (2/1 FIFO) to join our Newman team specialising in engine maintenance and repairs across Mining and Power Generation applications. You will provide breakdown and scheduled maintenance service to our clients in the Pilbara region. The role operates on a 2/1 roster flying in and out of Perth. Flights are within the 14 Days, to allow a full 7 day’s break.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways\:
- Deliver a first-class service to our customers across, mining, automotive and power generation
- Complete repairs and maintenance of heavy diesel products on breakdowns and mine sites
- Diagnose and repair various engines.
- Engine rebuilding and reconditioning
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and report any issues / incidents to the Field Service Supervisor
- Complete required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
To be successful in this role you will need the following\:
- Mechanical trades qualified as a Heavy Vehicle Mechanic (to Australian standards)
- Experience as a Diesel Mechanic in the service and maintenance of HHP heavy diesel products in field service. Cummins engines is highly preferred.
- Solid diagnostic and IT capabilities
- Hitachi/ Komatsu & Liebherr Experience Highly Desirable
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive hourly rate paid as a permanent salary (Or Permanent Salary)
- $5000 sign on bonus (Conditions apply)
- Safety equipment / PPE provided
- Uniforms provided and laundered
- Comprehensive Cummins product training provided
- Income Protection continuance insurance
- Discounts with select private health insurance, PC software/hardware and a range of vehicles
- Annual remuneration review
- Participation in an annual variable compensation (bonus) program
- A range of personal and professional benefits
- Employee Assistance Program available to employees
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for All Women. Click here (link to our work180 page\: https\://au.work180.co/employers/cummins-australia) to check out our Benefits