Site Embedded Technician - Thiess Curragh
Job Type: Not Specified
Mechanical Technician – Site Resident – Theiss Curragh
- $5000 sign on bonus
- Competitive hourly rates
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems. We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Site Resident Diesel Mechanic to join our team to support the HHP fleet of equipment for Theiss Curragh Mine Site.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways\:
- Deliver a first-class service to our customer with their fleet of HHP engines.
- Complete repairs and maintenance of heavy diesel products and you will attend to breakdowns on site, you will also be on an on-call roster.
- Diagnose and repair various engines.
- Engine rebuilding and reconditioning
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and report any issues / incidents to the Field Service Supervisor
- Complete required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
To be successful in this role you will need the following\:
- Mechanical trades qualified as a Heavy/Light Vehicle Mechanic (to Australian standards)
- experience as a Diesel Mechanic in the service and maintenance of heavy diesel products in field service. Cummins engines is highly preferred.
- Have previous experience of working in remote locations – knowledge of the Emerald area and mining industry is highly desirable
- Solid diagnostic and IT capabilities
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly rate - commensurate with experience.
- 15% Rural Allowance
- Overtime penalties.
- Tool of Trade vehicle
- Tool allowance.
- On-call allowance.
- Participation in an annual variable compensation (bonus) program.
- Income Protection continuance insurance.
- Discounts with select private health insurance.
- PC software/hardware and a range of vehicles.
- Annual remuneration reviews. Safety equipment / PPE and uniforms provided and a range of personal and professional benefits.
Competitive hourly rate paid as a permanent salary. $5000 sign on bonus. Overtime penalties. Uniform. Further training. Participation in an annual variable compensation (bonus) program. Income Protection continuance insurance. Discounts with select private health insurance, PC software/hardware and a range of vehicles. Annual remuneration reviews. Safety equipment / PPE and uniforms provided and a range of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for All Women. Click here (link to our work180 page\: https\://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/cummins-australia/jobs) to check out our Benefits