Workshop Trades Assistant
Job Type: Not Specified
Mechanical Trade Assistant – Wetherill Park
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Trades Assistant with any mechanical work experience to join our Wetherill Park branch.
- Competitive hourly rates and annual bonus potential
- All tooling, PPE, and uniforms supplied (uniforms laundered)
- Day & Afternoon shift positions available – Overtime available to support production needs.
- Full time & Part time opportunities (Flexible work hours available)
- To see what we do at Cummins, view the attached video
- Great location Wetherill Park (Western suburbs of Sydney)
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways\:
- Play a supportive role in the high quality rebuilding and repairing of Cummins engines, including High Horsepower Diesel Engines
- Work as part of a highly skilled team to deliver rebuilt engines using multiple types of equipment
- Learn new skills, through on-the-job training
- Work on 19ltr to 78ltr (600 – 3500Bhp) Industry Leading engines in a world class facility
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and report any issues / incidents
- Complete required documentation, such as Safety Check Sheets, Process Quality Checks, Daily Time Sheets
To be successful in this role you will need the following\:
- Any related mechanical work experience
- Punctual and reliable
- Attention to detail
- Previous factory, manufacturing, or related mechanical work experience
- Great time management, process driven and ability to prioritise
- Team player with initiative and aptitude for learning
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive hourly rate paid as a permanent salary. Overtime penalties. Uniform. Further training. Participation in an annual variable compensation (bonus) program. Income Protection continuance insurance. Discounts with select private health insurance, PC software/hardware and a range of vehicles. Annual remuneration reviews. Safety equipment / PPE and uniforms provided and a range of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for All Women. Click here (link to our work180 page\: https\://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/cummins-australia/jobs ) to check out our Benefits