Banking Architect - Digital Banking - Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Deloitte Services Pty Ltd
About the team
By joining our high performing Digital Banking Team, you will be working closely with our banking clients to solve complex, challenging and rewarding problems that will provide true client value and enables you to be part of a team driving innovation and client delight. With some of Australia’s best and most experienced banking solution architects already on board, the role will enable you to be a part of the local and Deloitte’s global architecture communities.
We are looking for creative individuals who challenge the status quo, are excellent communicators, are passionate about solving complex business problems, have a strong drive to keep across evolving technologies. If your aim is to be part of team that delivers great outcomes for our clients, then apply now
Our specialised Digital Banking Team understand the modernisation and digitisation needs of the banking industry because we’ve been there. A strong foundation of banking industry experience underpins our methodologies.
Within specialist teams, we go sector and domain deep while orchestrating the right people, process, and technology to make the future real. You will be exposed to the entire spectrum of opportunities from consulting and strategy to engineering and delivery. This is a unique opportunity to combine your banking industry expertise and solution architecture capability with understanding of the disruptive technology landscape to bring the best solutions to our clients.
Our clients trust us to support them through periods of change and help them deliver on complex challenges to their business, from project inception to completion.
Not only will you be involved in defining initiatives which deliver specific business and technological capabilities, you will also have an active part in architecture delivery within projects and strategic engagements, producing solution architecture designs, technology assessments and strategic advice.
The architect role is a key role in our engagements and one that will leverage all your experience and passion to learn and maintain technology relevance. You may be required to structure and lead teams of architects, technical designers, developers and work in mixed client and vendor envrionments. Great communication skills are essential as you will be engaged across senior client roles helping solve complex business problems and day-to-day engagement management.
Your role will be an active part of the team, our community, and our practice. You will be able to provide your expertise and experience to help grow yourself as well as others in our practice, mentoring fellow architects and being an active part of the Deloitte architecture community.
Now, more than ever, this is the space to truly make an impact in a challenging role.
We are looking for someone with:
- 5 to 7 years’ solid and demonstrable experience on medium to large-scale projects in a solution architecture capacity
- 2 to 4 years’ experience and an understanding of banking and financial services domains
- Experience and knowledge applying modern technology architecture practices and principles and solution architecture experience from initial response to delivery.
- Solid exposure to agile, waterfall and other delivery SDLC methodologies
- A strong analytical mindset supported by a quick learning ability to deliver quality outcomes with pride
- A drive for continual learning and experimenting to maintain currency of modern software engineering technologies and architecture practices and a hunger to keep abreast of emerging and best practice banking technologies
- Superior communication and collaboration skills with experience communicating across technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A drive to challenge the status quos to provide clarity and improve the overall outcomes for our clients
- Structured thinking, with the ability to decompose complex problems and ideas into understandable and structured designs and specifications
- A natural flair for teamwork, proactivity with willingness to get your hands dirty and get things done and values success of the team.
- Understanding of cloud-based platforms and technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- An architecture certification in any Cloud platform (AWS/ Azure/ Google) (preferred)
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
If you love the sound of being part of the BE family, apply now!