Senior Analyst | External Audit | Canberra
Job Type: Full time
Deloitte Services Pty Ltd
- Deloitte Flex - We recognise the importance of balance and embrace agility
- Mentoring and development programs – receive support and coaching to progress your career
- Be part of a growing and dynamic team with leaders who support your growth and development
Our team of auditors based in Canberra is growing more than ever as our clients recognise our talent and the impact that we make – that’s why we need you.
About the team
You will be working as part of multi-disciplined team on a variety of projects with some of our largest national clients. Our Canberra practice services clients across government, financial services, private enterprise and not-for-profit. As well as servicing clients locally, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure across the national practice and learn new skills whilst making an impact. Each new day provides you with a new challenge, developing your skills as you work across different service lines tackling complex accounting issues. As well as gaining fantastic experience working with some iconic clients, you’ll get access to Deloitte’s training and development opportunities as well as receiving support to undertake further study.
In Audit & Assurance, we are specialists who work closely with our client’s in assessing financial and regulatory compliance. The role of audit and its importance in instilling confidence in financial markets and business and government stakeholders has never been more critical. At Deloitte, we don’t just understand our clients’ business and industries, we add value through the leveraging our deep knowledge and ability to interrogate data to provide valuable insights throughout the audit process.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
We’re looking for candidates with a combination of the following:
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or a related area
- Studying towards or have completed a CA qualification (or equivalent)
- 3-5 years of experience in external audit or a related field
- Translatable experience including working with a Government accounting function
- Skills including teamwork, collaboration, and relationship management
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Experience in leading and developing teams
- A dedicated work ethic and a hunger for development opportunities
- Australian Citizenship is required
- Federal Government security clearance is highly desirable
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
If have any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Alina Irfan from the Talent Acquisition Team at 02 6263 5016. We’d love to hear from you!
Grow your career in External Audit and enjoy coming to work every day!
- Limitless career opportunities as well as unlimited learning and development
- Work in a great location with convenient parking and amenities
- Fantastic culture and collaborative team environment