Senior Consultant - Digital Business Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Deloitte Services Pty Ltd
- World-class learning and leadership programs with dedicated mentoring and support to progress your career
- Work with high performing teams to help top tier clients solve their most challenging problems
- Experience a fun, rewarding and innovative team culture
What will your typical day look like?
Your role as a Digital Business Analyst will require you to lead, plan, analyse and implement a wide range of changes, projects, and programmes of work. You will work alongside internal and external stakeholders at all levels in various areas to uncover their needs and wants which will bring benefit to their organisations and their underlying clients. Your role is to be the main conduit between business, technology and creatives which brings to light the client’s problems and how you can create a solution that meets the clients internal and external demands, and the complexity around it.
- Work closely with clients and key stakeholders to understand their wants and needs and define requirements around their digital products
- Consult with various business areas to assist in identifying and documenting business needs, solving problems, gathering requirements, identifying scope, usage, and security requirements
- Lead and manage other BAs and development teams
- Prioritise features on product roadmaps and backlogs according to business value
- Use and understand a variety of business analysis techniques, and the ability to identify and utilise best practice methods to achieve project outcomes
- Lead and facilitate requirement gathering workshops and interviews with different parts of the business
- Define and understand user scenarios, and the ability to design detailed processes across different channels and touchpoints through user journey mapping
- Create user stories and functional specifications which will be used for scoping and technology implementation
- Unpack and document business rules and acceptance criteria for functional components of a solution
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional agile teams in remote and on-site client environments during both design and development sprints
- Plan a structured approach to drive project outcomes in ambiguous fast-moving projects
- Work closely with architects and developers to understand solution options, feasibility, effort estimates and technical constraints
- Work closely with project managers, developers, and other team members to support and unblock delivery during development sprints
- Work closely with the UX/UI team to produce and user test design assets such as wireframes and creative visualisations
- Work closely with quality assurance during the build and testing phase to validate requirements and support the creation and execution of test cases
- Act as a key liaison point between the developers, the business and 3rd parties vendors
- Complete peer reviews of technical, strategic and change documents
- Create and lead training and development for my team, department and other areas of the business
- Create and deliver coaching and mentoring to the business user, BA’s, Junior BA’s and project teams
About the team
A Digital, Customer & Marketing consultancy with the backing of a top-tier firm. Deloitte Digital is where business, creativity and technology intersect to craft beautifully seamless experiences that deliver business outcomes. With a wonderful mix of designers, strategists, technologists and makers, we are a powerhouse committed to transforming experiences and making an impact that enriches people’s lives.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are someone with:
- 3+ years experience as a Business Analyst or similar role
- Tertiary education in Business Analytics, Information Systems or similar
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to explain complex and/or technical concepts to different audiences, from executives and business stakeholders to project managers and technical teams
Why Deloitte Digital?
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Additonally, as part of Deloitte’s commitment to creating an enabling culture at work, we have recently introduced Deloitte Flex. The Flex framework encourages our people to create an environment that empowers them to achieve their full potential professionally, while respecting and supporting their personal commitments. This encompasses remote and flexible working, including part-time work, as well as flexibility with working hours to accomodate school holidays, work travel, study leave, etc.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.