Consultant - Operations Transformation
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: 30124
- Flexible work arrangements - work in a way that suits you best
- Mentoring programs – receive support and coaching to progress your career
- Banking, finance, and well-being program discounts
Looking for a place to grow your operational consulting skills across diverse projects and clients? Find out why Deloitte is the place for you. To learn more about Deloitte's flexible work Arrangements click here.
What will your typical day look like?
In this role, you will engage directly with high profile public and private sector clients on their most important and challenging business issues - addressing and solving their priority asset and operational related problems. You will also:
- Work with a high performing team with a strong commitment to excellence in pursuit of helping our clients drive profitability and performance
- Work on some of the most inspiring private and public sector programs across sectors including defence, financial services, health and human capital, social impact and government.
- Draw on Deloitte’s unique capabilities in Structured Problem Solving, Design thinking, Digital, Data Analytics, Deloitte Access Economics and experience from our global consulting network
- Undertake extensive operations and transformation focused training and development (both structured and on the job) with the opportunity to experience borderless careers through international assignments and secondments
- A career in the Deloitte Consulting team means you will be working alongside top management consulting talent solving the toughest problems for Australia’s largest companies
About the team
Deloitte Consulting Operations Transformation work with leading Australian and global executives who need to transform their operations to meet new regulations, improve productivity and reduce costs.
Our Operational Transformation team specialises in turning strategies into measurable and sustained results. In response to market demands for critical thinkers who can solve complex business problems, our Operational Transformation team is growing rapidly.
Our clients face challenges that range from transformation in response to market conditions through to disruption from technology advances such as robotics and cognitive automation that enable us to overhaul the customer experience and the efficiencies that can be gained from operations.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
In response to strong client demand for our services, we have a number of roles for outstanding consultant level practitioners with operations advisory and transformation experience in public sector, health, financial services or social impact. We encourage anyone who possesses the following experience and skills, regardless of background, to apply:
- Typically 2+ years of problem-solving experience within a consulting (operations preferred), tech, commercial, start-up, not-for-profit, disruptor or gig organisation
- Experience in operations excellence is desired
- Experience in the use of structured problem-solving approaches / frameworks
- Experience conducting analysis (desktop research, data analysis, cost benefit analysis, business case analysis, reviewing documents etc.) and synthesising into digestible outputs (e.g. reports)
- Experience with value chain mapping desired
- Experience coordinating and facilitating client workshop
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to build strong relationships with a range of clients
- Strong and adaptable facilitation and communications skills
- Curiosity to learn and proactivity to bring forward ideas
- Strong sense of team and passion to develop others as well as self
- Strong understanding of expectations of a consulting role
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now. We’d love to hear from you.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.