Consultant - Operations Transformation
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: 30124
- Flexible work arrangements - work in a way that suits you best
- Mentoring programs – receive support and coaching to progress your career
- Banking, finance, and well-being program discounts
Looking for a place to grow your operational consulting skills across diverse projects and clients? Find out why Deloitte is the place for you. To learn more about Deloitte's flexible work Arrangements click here.
What will your typical day look like?
In this role, you will engage directly with high profile public and private sector clients on their most important and challenging business issues - addressing and solving their priority asset and operational related problems. You will also:
- Work with a high performing team with a strong commitment to excellence in pursuit of helping our clients drive profitability and performance
- Work on some of the most inspiring private and public sector programs across sectors including defence, financial services, health and human capital, social impact and government.
- Draw on Deloitte’s unique capabilities in Structured Problem Solving, Design thinking, Digital, Data Analytics, Deloitte Access Economics and experience from our global consulting network
- Undertake extensive operations and transformation focused training and development (both structured and on the job) with the opportunity to experience borderless careers through international assignments and secondments
- A career in the Deloitte Consulting team means you will be working alongside top management consulting talent solving the toughest problems for Australia’s largest companies
About the team
Deloitte Consulting Operations Transformation work with leading Australian and global executives who need to transform their operations to meet new regulations, improve productivity and reduce costs.
Our Operational Transformation team specialises in turning strategies into measurable and sustained results. In response to market demands for critical thinkers who can solve complex business problems, our Operational Transformation team is growing rapidly.
Our clients face challenges that range from transformation in response to market conditions through to disruption from technology advances such as robotics and cognitive automation that enable us to overhaul the customer experience and the efficiencies that can be gained from operations.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
In response to strong client demand for our services, we have a number of roles for outstanding consultant level practitioners with operations advisory and transformation experience in public sector, health, financial services or social impact. We encourage anyone who possesses the following experience and skills, regardless of background, to apply:
- Typically 2+ years of problem-solving experience within a consulting (operations preferred), tech, commercial, start-up, not-for-profit, disruptor or gig organisation
- Experience in operations excellence is desired
- Experience in the use of structured problem-solving approaches / frameworks
- Experience conducting analysis (desktop research, data analysis, cost benefit analysis, business case analysis, reviewing documents etc.) and synthesising into digestible outputs (e.g. reports)
- Experience with value chain mapping desired
- Experience coordinating and facilitating client workshop
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to build strong relationships with a range of clients
- Strong and adaptable facilitation and communications skills
- Curiosity to learn and proactivity to bring forward ideas
- Strong sense of team and passion to develop others as well as self
- Strong understanding of expectations of a consulting role
At Deloitte, we focus our energy on interesting and impactful work. We’re always learning, innovating and setting the standard; making a positive difference to our clients and our society. We putcoaching at the heart of what we do, helping our people grow their careers in any direction – whether it be up, moving into something new, or even moving across the world.
We embrace diversity, equity and inclusion. We have a diverse collection of people from different backgrounds, with different experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. What binds us together is a shared commitment to value everyone’s perspective and to cultivate inclusion; so that our work environment is a safe space we can all belong.
We prioritise flexibility and choice. At Deloitte, you get trust on Day 1. We know our people get their best work done when they’re in control of where and how they work, designing their work week around their client, team and personal commitments.
We help you live and work well. To support your personal and professional life, we offer a range of perks and benefits, including retail discounts, wellbeing leave, paid volunteering days, twelve flexible working options, market-leading parental leave and return to work support package.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now. We’d love to hear from you.
By applying for this job, you’ll be assessed against the Deloitte Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards so that you can grow in your career, and we can provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.