Experienced Analyst | Finance Assurance | Canberra
Job Type: Full time
Deloitte Services Pty Ltd
- 18 week paid parental leave, employee discounts, perks and awards!
- Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
- Learn from the best in Business and get unlimited access to learning and development opportunities
Our team of financial advisors and accountants based in Canberra is growing more than ever as our Federal Government clients’ recognise our talent and the impact that we make – that’s why we need you.
About the team
In Financial Assurance, we are specialist in finance function transformation, CFO advisory services in Government, accounting change, financial management, transaction accounting advice, specialised finance outsourcing and Federal Government budget management matters. To put it simply, we help our clients make their finance functions more efficient and effective.
You will be working as part of multi-disciplined teams on a variety of client projects in areas such as financial and management reporting, regulatory compliance and accounting advice. As well as gaining fantastic experience working with some iconic clients, you’ll get access to Deloitte’s training and development opportunities as well as receiving support to undertake further study.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, genuine flexible working conditions, and significant career development opportunities. Our twice annual employee review cycle is also in place to support your development and reward performance, without being limited by tenure in the firm. In Canberra, we pride ourselves on our strong culture of coaching and support to help you fulfil your career goals.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
We’re looking for candidates with a combination of the following:
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in accounting, finance or a related area
- Looking to study toward a CA or CPA qualification
- 2+ years of experience in finance, accounting, external audit or a related field
- Experience working with a Government accounting function would be highly desirable
- Skills in technical and/or management accounting and budgeting
- A dedicated work ethic and a hunger for development opportunities
- Federal Government security clearance is desirable
Australian Citizenship is a requirement for all our employees in Canberra.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
If you’ve got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Alina Irfan from our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org ,we’d love to hear from you.
Fantastic opportunity to jump start your career in Accounting!
- Opportunity to take your career as far as you would like!
- Work with a friendly and collaborative team on exciting projects within Federal Government
- 12 ways of Deloitte Flex - work in the way that suits you