Manager | Treasury & Capital Markets | Melbourne or Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Deloitte Services Pty Ltd
Manager - Treasury and Capital Markets
About the team
Deloitte’s specialist Treasury and Capital Markets team consists of 75 professionals across Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane and provides our banking, government and corporate clients service offerings through both advisory and audit channels.
In this role, you will work with major and small banks, corporate treasury, the commodity and energy sector and a team of specialists to provide advice on:
- Financial risk management solutions including market risk, liquidity risk, funding and refinancing risk, and counterparty credit risk
- Banking, insurance and superannuation governance, controls and regulatory support for markets and treasury divisions (including APRA, Basel and IOSCO regulations and standards)
- Treasury strategy, operating model and transformation support
- Cash management, transactional banking, payments and working capital optimisation
- Treasury technology including dealing, settlement, cash management and risk management systems
- Outsourced treasury services
- Operational risk management support for treasury and investment functions
- Energy and commodity sector on financial risk management and emerging ESG risk management
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
We are looking for individuals to work collaboratively with our Directors and Partners and help supervise and manage an existing group of Treasury & Capital Markets team members. Whilst the role is primarily advisory focused, there will be work through project and internal audit channels with leading clients. Our people work across all the above service offerings from time to time and we will invest in your training and support you in the market with methodologies, tools and innovative ways bringing value to our clients.
You are someone with:
- 5-7 years of demonstrated experience in one or more of banking, treasury and capital markets or investment areas
- Experienced professionals who have taken an extended leave from the workforce are encouraged to apply
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Economics, Finance, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or a related field would be valuable
- Confidence to oversee quantitative and regulatory projects and back your findings and recommendations with evidence from a range of relevant sources
- Experience communicating with stakeholders and capability to create insightful reports and presentations and deliver / co-deliver to executives and public company board meetings
We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and, as a result, build a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'. From day one at our firm you will be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities that will set you up to succeed – in every sense of the word.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity that aligns with your experience and career goals, we want to hear from you. Click “Apply” and submit your application.