Ethics & Conduct Manager | Monitoring, Due Diligence & Reporting
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: 33297
- Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best!
- Banking, finance and wellbeing program discounts
- Learn from the best in the business
We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated and experienced individual to join the team and lead the Monitoring, Due Diligence & Reporting function. This role can be based in Sydney, Melbourne or Perth.
What will your typical day look like?
You will be positioned in the Australian Ethics & Conduct Team, within a large professional services organisation, looking after the monitoring of compliance with Ethics & Conduct policies, as well as testing of the design and effectiveness of relevant controls. You’ll also lead a small team that provides ongoing conduct due diligence support in relation to anti-bribery/corruption, financial crime (including sanctions) and modern slavery.
Key responsibilities of this role include (in relation Ethics & Conduct areas):
- Develop, maintain and execute a compliance monitoring and control testing program, and report relevant findings and recommendations;
- Coordinate or contribute to global or Asia Pacific (AP) monitoring activities in relation to the Australian firm;
- Coordinate annual attestation/declaration processes;
- Coordinate dashboard reporting to senior management;
- Lead the Anti-Corruption/Fin Crime Due Diligence conduct team in providing due diligence support and manage the resolution of escalated matters and clearance requests.
We support working flexibly and are happy to work with you to find an arrangement that works for you and us.
About the team
The Ethics & Conduct Team sits within the Quality & Risk community, and is a collaborative team, providing critical support to enable the Firm’s partners and staff comply with their applicable obligations. Key Ethics and Conduct areas in which we provide specialist support are: Financial Services (AFSL), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Anti-Bribery/Corruption (AC), Sanctions, Trade Controls (TC), Ethics, Modern Slavery, Complaints handling, Whistleblower protection and ISQM1.
The Australian Ethics and Conduct Team is part of an Asia Pacific structure that encourages collaboration with colleagues across the Asia Pacific region.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
Ideally, you will have 5 years’ experience in compliance monitoring and control testing.
Any experience with Financial services/AFSL, Financial crime – AML, sanctions, Trade Controls, Anti-Corruption and Modern slavery would be advantageous.
Additionally, you will:
- be able to understand complex issues and exercise sound judgement (including to escalate where required to senior team members);
- be proactive, positive and risk aware;
- be able to effectively collaborate with other professionals within Deloitte and be a contributing team player;
- have strong communication skills both written and verbal;
- have strong analytical skills and be proficiency in interpreting and applying rules and obligations;
- be able to work independently and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and deliver to a high standard; and
- be confident in managing business relationships and possess a strong client service ethos.
At Deloitte, we focus our energy on interesting and impactful work. We’re always learning, innovating and setting the standard; making a positive difference to our clients and our society. We put coaching at the heart of what we do, helping our people grow their careers in any direction – whether it be up, moving into something new, or even moving across the world.
We embrace diversity, equity and inclusion. We have a diverse collection of people from different backgrounds, with different experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. What binds us together is a shared commitment to value everyone’s perspective and to cultivate inclusion; so that our work environment is a safe space we can all belong.
We prioritise flexibility and choice. At Deloitte, you get trust on Day 1. We know our people get their best work done when they’re in control of where and how they work, designing their work week around their client, team and personal commitments.
We help you live and work well. To support your personal and professional life, we offer a range of perks and benefits, including retail discounts, wellbeing leave, paid volunteering days, twelve flexible working options, market-leading parental leave and return to work support package.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now, we’d love to hear from you!
By applying for this job, you’ll be assessed against the Deloitte Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards so that you can grow in your career, and we can provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.