Workday Data Lead
Job Type: Full time
Deloitte Services Pty Ltd
About the team
Sitting within Human Capital Consulting, our forward-thinking team specializes in all things tech. We revamp the way our client companies work and craft beautifully designed, fully integrated systems with solutions like SAP, Oracle, and Workday. Our solution-focused team gets a little nervous with the average as learning and collaboration see no end.
What will your typical day look like?
Based in Australia, as a Workday Data Lead within Deloitte’s HRT practice, you should expect to be client-facing and involved in the following:
- Provide Workday Data conversion services by acting as SME and leading clients through the entire ETL process requirements throughout the Project.
- Train and mentor team members
- Assist clients in decision-making on the ETL process and provide input on best practices
- Lead in the validation of data loaded into Workday
- Advise client on risks and any impacts related to data conversion
- Responsible for key communication to project and client leadership
- Continually communicate and align with cross streams (Integrations and Functional) dependency on data and vice versa.
- Understand technical data conversion issues, resolve issues and communicate solutions.
- Keep track of all the Data related conversations and activities during the implementation
- Mapping of data between source and target systems
- Feed into reconciliation activities for mapped data
- Support Data Cleansing activity by an understanding of the source and target data
- Production of data mapping templates
- Support of migration testing phases
- Guide clients through the decision making
- Business analysis and requirements gathering
Enough about us, let's talk about you
Our practice is growing, and we’re keen to speak with technical Data Migration experts from the HR and FIN Transformation & Technology ecosystem. To succeed you will have exposure to data migration with the following experience:
- Lead experience in Data Migration
- SQL/database experience
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read, write and modify SQL scripts
- Basic understanding of XML data structures
- Troubleshooting skills and ability to work through ambiguity
- Experience with HRIS or Finance system implementation a plus - otherwise at least one system implementation in a data role
- Experience working with web APIs/Web services
- Experience contributing to data migration strategies a plus
- Experience in data reconciliation activities
- Experience with legacy ERP data extraction (Oracle, Peoplesoft, SAP)
- High proficiency with MS Excel, ASAP Utilities, MS Office Suite
- Support business development activities such as identification, proposal development, and other pursuit activities.
- Contributing to continuous improvement of the delivery and innovation of Data Conversions
- Actively involved in the running of the practice
At Deloitte, we focus our energy on interesting and impactful work. We’re always learning, innovating and setting the standard; making a positive difference to our clients and our society. We put coaching at the heart of what we do, helping our people grow their careers in any direction – whether it be up, moving into something new, or even moving across the world.
We embrace diversity, equity and inclusion. We have a diverse collection of people from different backgrounds, with different experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. What binds us together is a shared commitment to value everyone’s perspective and to cultivate inclusion; so that our work environment is a safe space we can all belong.
We prioritise flexibility and choice. At Deloitte, you get trust on Day 1. We know our people get their best work done when they’re in control of where and how they work, designing their work week around their client, team and personal commitments.
We help you live and work well. To support your personal and professional life, we offer a range of perks and benefits, including retail discounts, wellbeing leave, paid volunteering days, twelve flexible working options, market-leading parental leave and return to work support package.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
If you have any questions or wish to have a private conversation about this role, please contact Abhi Bassi. We’d love to hear from you