Junior Legal Counsel | Litigation & Disputes | Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: 33353
- Salary packaging – to suit your personal and financial circumstances
- Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
- Agile working environment
We are seeking a qualified lawyer with 2 years post-qualified experience to join our In-house Legal team!
What will your typical day look like?
Joining our in-house legal team will give you the opportunity to be involved in a variety of matters and areas of law, including client disputes and litigation, professional indemnity matters, partnership issues, third party information access requests (including subpoenas and regulatory notices), debt recovery and general commercial advice. You will support a busy team of seven lawyers who provide day to day advice to the business across a diverse range of Deloitte’s practice groups including audit and assurance, risk advisory, tax, financial advisory and consulting. You will be working in a high performing and well-respected team and will gain exposure to senior partners and stakeholders.
About the team
The Litigation team is a fast-growing and diverse team within the Office of the General Counsel of Deloitte. Providing sound legal advice in a commercial environment, our litigation team handles issues, circumstances and claims that might diminish Deloitte’s reputation. If you’re looking for a team that’s driven, supportive and will nurture your career – Deloitte is the place for you.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are someone who has:
- Up to 2 years’ post admission experience.
- Demonstrated litigation and disputes experience. Experience as a tipstaff or associate will also be highly regarded.
- Exposure to or experience in one or more of regulatory matters, third party document requests, partnership matters, technology disputes, corporate insolvency, and confidentiality and privacy obligations would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience undertaking legal research, drafting legal documents and correspondence, and performing document review, enabling you to hit the ground running.
- A high level of self-motivation, a strong work ethic and quality focus in your work, including excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding time management and organisational skills, enabling you to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, enabling you to collaborate with colleagues and internal stakeholders at all levels, in a team-based environment.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
By applying for this job, you’ll be assessed against the Deloitte Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards so that you can grow in your career, and we can provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.