Manager - Tech Advisory - Digital Banking
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: 33265
Senior Tech Advisor - Digital Banking
- Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best, including part-time options. Choice and flexibility on where, when and how you work.
- Salary packaging – to suit your personal and financial circumstances including novated car leasing.
- Mentoring programs – receive support and coaching to progress your career.
At Deloitte, we're motivated by a purpose that makes a positive impact that matters to our clients and our communities. By joining our high performing Digital Banking Team in the Deloitte Core Business Operations offering portfolio, you will be working closely with our banking clients to solve complex, challenging and rewarding problems that will provide true client value and enables you to be part of a team driving innovation and client delight.
With some of Australia’s best and most experienced digital banking leaders already on board, the role will enable you to be a part of the local and Deloitte’s global banking and capital markets community.
We are looking for creative individuals who challenge the status quo, are excellent communicators, are passionate about solving complex business problems, have a strong drive to keep across evolving technologies. If your aim is to be part of team that delivers great outcomes for our clients, then apply now
Our specialised Digital Banking Team understand the modernisation and digitisation needs of the banking industry because we’ve been there. A strong foundation of banking industry experience underpins our methodologies.
Within specialist teams, we go sector and domain deep while orchestrating the right people, process, and technology to make the future real. You will be exposed to the entire spectrum of opportunities from consulting and strategy to engineering and delivery. This is a unique opportunity to help define the bank of tomorrow by combining your banking industry expertise and understanding of the disruptive technology landscape to develop strategies and operating models that enable our clients achieve their objectives.
Our clients trust us to support them through periods of change and help them deliver on complex challenges to their business, from project inception to completion. Not only will you be involved in defining initiatives which deliver specific business and technological outcomes, you will have a key role in influencing clients devise their strategic journeys. Great communication skills are essential as you will be engaged across senior client roles helping solve complex business problems and day-to-day engagement management.
Your role will be an active part of the team, our community, and our practice. You will be able to provide your expertise and experience to help grow yourself as well as others in our practice, mentoring fellow architects and being an active part of the Deloitte architecture community. Now, more than ever, this is the space to truly make an impact in a challenging role.
We are looking for someone with:
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in a client facing/advisory role with a primary focus on technology, either in-house or in a Consulting environment
- Experience and keen interest in developing technology strategy, designing operating models, conducting maturity assessments and/or developing roadmaps and business cases in the banking or financial services industry
- A strong analytical mindset supported by a quick learning ability to deliver quality outcomes with pride
- Demonstrable experience in influencing senior executives and driving strategic outcomes
- Business storytelling, workshop design and facilitation and strong presentation skills; ability to in develop formal reports and presentations
- Superior communication and collaboration skills with experience communicating across technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Structured thinking, with the ability to decompose complex problems and ideas into understandable and structured designs and specifications
- A natural flair for teamwork, proactivity with willingness to get your hands dirty and get things done and values success of the team.
- An understanding of core banking processes and technologies including cloud offerings (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- A drive to challenge the status quos to provide clarity and improve the overall outcomes for our clients
At Deloitte, we focus our energy on interesting and impactful work. We’re always learning, innovating and setting the standard; making a positive difference to our clients and our society. We putcoaching at the heart of what we do, helping our people grow their careers in any direction – whether it be up, moving into something new, or even moving across the world.
We embrace diversity, equity and inclusion. We have a diverse collection of people from different backgrounds, with different experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. What binds us together is a shared commitment to value everyone’s perspective and to cultivate inclusion; so that our work environment is a safe space we can all belong.
We prioritise flexibility and choice. At Deloitte, you get trust on Day 1. We know our people get their best work done when they’re in control of where and how they work, designing their work week around their client, team and personal commitments.
We help you live and work well. To support your personal and professional life, we offer a range of perks and benefits, including retail discounts, wellbeing leave, paid volunteering days, twelve flexible working options, market-leading parental leave and return to work support package.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now, we’d love to hear from you!
By applying for this job, you’ll be assessed against the Deloitte Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards so that you can grow in your career, and we can provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.