Manager - Automation
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: 33270
- Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
- Agile working environment
- Salary packaging – to suit your personal and financial circumstances
About the team
Our diverse Data & AI team comprises over 500 specialist practitioners across Australia, each of whom are constantly curious and excited about combining their business acumen and technological expertise to create data-centric solutions that help solve complex problems and transform or reinvent our client’s business.
Our Data & AI team work with public and private sector clients helping them to design and implement world leading solutions and capabilities. From solving air and ground transport network issues through our industry-first Optimal Reality digital twin solution, bringing automation capabilities to vaccine rollout programs, to helping our clients move to a sustainable world, we are the partner of choice for our clients and our alliance vendors.
Our relationships with market leading vendors enable our practitioners to be at the forefront of new and emerging capabilities and to deliver our suite of services at scale. We are consistently recognised as leaders in Cloud, Data, Analytics and AI, including in the latest analyst reports.
About the job
We are growing our Data Separation & Acquisition capability in response to the increased market demand in Government Privatisation, and Mergers & Acquisitions across all industry sectors. We help solve client problems with approaches and strategies for how they look at their structured and unstructured data assets - including helping establish foundation governance disciplines, through to improving how clients become more integrated and sustainable in managing their data.
- Engage directly with high profile clients on their most important and challenging business issues, addressing and solving their priority problems related to integrating or separating their data assets
- Work with high performing teams with a strong commitment to excellence in pursuit of helping our clients drive profitability and performance using Innovative solutions
- Engage with client personnel in domains such as Privacy, Risk & Compliance, Legal to illicit requirements and understand sensitivities and priorities
- Define data separation & integration approaches and strategies, develop integrated plans, and execution program management. This may include leading / executing data migration workstreams including unstructured data migration initiatives
- Develop an understanding of data migration strategies, specification, data governance processes, data profiling & quality processes, testing & reconciliation frameworks
- Define delivery plans and approaches with flexible delivery methodologies (Agile, Hybrid Agile, Waterfall) across the project lifecycle (planning, discovery, implementation, go-live)
- Work with other business units in the Deloitte firm to bring unique and connected solutions to our clients (eg. Risk controls, Forensics data discovery solutions)
- Excellent communication skills to lead discussions with clients
- Coaching, growing and inspiring team members to follow leading practices and demonstrate delivery excellence
- Support business development in the form of responding to pursuits/proposals
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
- At least 5 years+ experience in Program & Project Management, Data Governance, Consulting including solution design, and/or implementation/strategy experience
- Robust implementation and in-depth knowledge in any one of the following areas:
- Data analysis
- Data Migration (Structured)
- Content and unstructured data migration
- Document and records management
- Document imaging & workflow
- Ability to recommend best practice processes, governance, organisational models, and process options to clients.
- Experience in consulting environment across diverse domains
- Track record of being able to traverse technical and functional domains to define fit for purposes solutions
- Strong client engagement skills, with experience of working with executives and building good, trusting relationships with them
- Strong analytical and organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple high-priority projects that meet schedules on time
Bonus knowledge (Experience in one or more of the following areas):
- Experience in or exposure to data management and governance methodologies (eg. DMBOK)
- Experience with Microsoft Sharepoint, & unstructured data stores (both cloud or on prem)
- Experience in analysing a variety of unstructured data types including records (e.g emails, voice recordings, image based records) and digitisation of physical records
- Knowledge of data discovery & DLP tooling (Nuix, Relativity, Symantec)
You will typically be part of or responsible for leading a data workstream on a large client project. You will need a range of skills from interviewing client stakeholders, capturing business problem statements, leading client workshops, designing, building and implementing data governance processes, and communicating the impact of your results to your clients. As you grow, you will take up more senior level responsibilities across solutions, client relationships and business development, and coaching and mentoring junior members of the team.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress –
By applying for this job, you’ll be assessed against the Deloitte Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards so that you can grow in your career, and we can provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.