Senior Analyst - M&A Consulting Services (Tax)
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: 33797
Unique opportunity for a tax professional to join the Mergers & Acquisitions Consulting team in Australia
- Deloitte Experience (DX) – flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
- World-class learning and leadership programs – to continually drive your career
- Discounts & perks – a variety of employee discounts at over 100 leading retailers
Incredible opportunity to make an impact that matters, working on some of Australia’s largest organisations and most important transactions
About the team
The M&A Consulting Services (Tax) team works with the broader Deloitte M&A Consulting Services team to deliver transition support to and pre/post-transaction solutions for M&A transactions, public sector privatisations and private equity investment/divestment, as well as providing tailored tax advice and ongoing tax management post transition to a recurring client base (with a particular focus on the infrastructure sector).
What will your typical day look like?
As Senior Analyst within our M&A Consulting Services (Tax) team, you will work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment where you will develop strong client relationships and tax technical capabilities to deliver both ongoing (BAU) and project work on-time and to clients’ expectations. Your role will include:
- Building and managing trusted client relationships through exceptional client service.
- Working with the firm’s broader M&A Consulting Services team (which encompasses Financial Advisory, Accounting Advisory and Consulting) on large scale transactions, providing specialist taxation input on various aspects of the deal.
- Leading the tax transition process pre or post completion of a transaction, to deliver a successful stand-up or transition of the tax function.
- Working with and co-ordinating our specialist tax teams to develop solutions for complex and challenging tax issues.
- A meaningful contribution to the ongoing growth of the M&A Consulting Services (Tax) team, and supporting the partners with the strategic direction of the firm’s offering.
- Driving business development opportunities, including taking part in industry and/or transaction focus groups.
- Overseeing and mentoring upcoming talent in our team through structured coaching and on the job training.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree or post graduate qualifications (economics, finance, accounting)
- 3+ years’ experience tax advisory experience in another professional services environment with experience providing tax advice and tax compliance services
- Natural aptitude to problem solving and structured thinking
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Pragmatic commercial acumen – able to identify risks and develop solutions to manage those risks
- Storytelling/communication skills and being able to work well with senior stakeholders / internal teams
- Demonstrated ability in structuring complex problems into discrete components and communicate these to the team
- Demonstrated ability working in a fast-paced environment and willingness to deal with ambiguity and change
At Deloitte, we focus our energy on interesting and impactful work. We’re always learning, innovating, and setting the standard; making a positive difference to our clients and our society. We putcoaching at the heart of what we do, helping our people grow their careers in any direction – whether it be up, moving into something new, or even moving across the world.
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We have a diverse collection of people from different backgrounds, with different experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. What binds us together is a shared commitment to value everyone’s perspective and to cultivate inclusion; so that our work environment is a safe space we can all belong.
We prioritise flexibility and choice. At Deloitte, you get trust on Day 1. We know our people get their best work done when they’re in control of where and how they work, designing their work week around their client, team, and personal commitments.
We help you live and work well. To support your personal and professional life, we offer a range of perks and benefits, including retail discounts, wellbeing leave, paid volunteering days, twelve flexible working options, market-leading parental leave and return to work support package.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now, we’d love to hear from you!
By applying for this job, you’ll be assessed against the Deloitte Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards so that you can grow in your career, and we can provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.