Manager / Senior Manager - Cloud Security & Network Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: 33877
Manager / Senior Manager - Cloud Security & Network Engineer
Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best, including part-time options
Learn from the best in the business
Impact day – we roll up our sleeves to help non-profit organisations make a difference!
About our team
Deloitte’s Cloud and Engineering Practice helps clients realise the potential of transformational capabilities to solve their most challenging issues. We improve their agility and resilience and identify opportunities to optimise their technology usage. We also accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, by implementing vendor solutions as well as Deloitte-developed software solutions and tools.
Our Cloud Security and Network Engineering team is positioned at the forefront of technology and the department is fuelled by technologists passionate about the industry. We are proponents of Iac, NetDevops, Cloud & Automation technologies, driving innovative and world-leading solutions that underpin exceptional business outcomes.
What will your typical day look like?
- Lead functional streams of work including shaping and scoping. Showcasing technical leadership across one, or more engagements, providing insights and SME input to achieve our overall outcomes.
- Providing mentorship and guidance to our practitioners. A core focus in our Cloud & Engineering team is fostering and enabling the growth of our team members.
- Be part of a close-knit team who love to have fun together! Our culture is super important to us, and we do our best to have fun while working.
Required interpersonal skills/experience
- You are strategic, resilient, engaging with people, a natural self-starter, with mature problem-solving skills.
- You have strong communication, documentation & presentation skills with a focus on quality.
- From a client engagement perspective, you are expected to be able to lead a project team of engineers/consultants, managing the full project lifecycle (scope; plan; execute; confidence in running workshops; providing strategic direction on activities/design/architecture; conducting task structuring & delegation - with you yourself making significant contributions, undertaking stakeholder/program management throughout, with inherent ability to manage the financial/quality/risk dimensions of delivery).
- From a business perspective, an ability to build and maintain client relationships at a senior level, and recognise business opportunities when they arise, and assist with proposal creation.
- You have an ability to distil and communicate complex technical concepts, refocusing content and finely articulating key decision points for executive audiences.
- You are confident in the role of being a trusted advisor, with one/two nominated areas for which you are an SME and are passionate about, in addition to many secondary domains that you can provide strategic consulting advice across.
- You get a kick out of transforming people, processes, technology, and businesses!
Required role specific skills/experience
A widely skilled engineer focused on Networking and Network Security, backed by 6-8 years of experience. Regarded as an authoritative expert, demonstrated leader, with significant experience in across Networking domains (routing, switching, load balancing, firewalling etc).
- Demonstrated experience in leading network delivery work in one or more of the following areas: Assessments, Design, Architecture, Migrations & Transformations.
- Professional Networking certifications (e.g., Cisco CCNP, CCIEor equivalents); Cloud certifications (e.g., AWS Advanced Networking Specialty, Azure Network Engineer, or equivalents); and advantageous to hold certifications with other leading networking vendors such as F5/Palo Alto Networks/Aruba etc.
- Ability to consult to clients on industry best practices & emerging trends/technologies within the Networking & Cloud domains, as well as discovering/articulating client pain points and proposing technological and/or process solutions to these challenges
- Some familiarity and ideally experience with NetDevOps (scripting/coding, Git, CI, IaC, APIs etc) and its value to a business.
At Deloitte, we focus our energy on interesting and impactful work. We’re always learning, innovating and setting the standard; making a positive difference to our clients and our society. We put coaching at the heart of what we do, helping our people grow their careers in any direction – whether it be up, moving into something new, or even moving across the world.
We embrace diversity, equity and inclusion. We have a diverse collection of people from different backgrounds, with different experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. What binds us together is a shared commitment to value everyone’s perspective and to cultivate inclusion; so that our work environment is a safe space we can all belong.
We prioritise flexibility and choice. At Deloitte, you get trust on Day 1. We know our people get their best work done when they’re in control of where and how they work, designing their work week around their client, team and personal commitments.
We help you live and work well. To support your personal and professional life, we offer a range of perks and benefits, including retail discounts, wellbeing leave, paid volunteering days, twelve flexible working options, market-leading parental leave and return to work support package.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now, we’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.