Senior Payroll Consultant
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: 33967
- Flexible work arrangements - work in a way that suits you best.
- Rewards platform - your hard work won't go unnoticed at Deloitte.
- Training and development - at Deloitte we believe in investing in our best assets, the people!
We are seeking an experience Payroll professional who is ready to take the next step in their career, and join our Western Sydney team!
What will your typical day look like?
As part of the Global Employer Services team within Tax & Legal, you will form part of the payroll group who is responsible for delivery of a range of payroll related services to clients.
This challenging and rewarding role will see you provide a range of tax and payroll services for both domestic and international employees, including but not limited to:
- Calculation and review of monthly/annual mirror payroll calculations
- Able to advise clients correctly on payroll options and help guide clients to implement what is appropriate for their needs
- Responsibility for end-to-end payroll, ensuring compliance to company procedures, payroll adjustments, leave reconciliations terminations and other associated payroll tasks
- Calculation and review of monthly and yearly payroll tax return reconciliations
- Calculation of Group Tax and all month end remittances, ensuring that statutory guidelines are met
- Calculation of Workers compensation payments as part of payroll processing
- Complete month end procedures
- Assist with the monitoring and entering of all master file details
- Ensure payroll queries and emails are actioned and resolved in a timely manner
About the team
Meet the Global Employer Services team - a multidisciplinary team of payroll, tax and immigration experts that assist clients with complying with multifaceted tax and immigration laws. Our clients are varied and range from large multinational organisations to small companies setting up business in Australia.
Our payroll team delivers a range of payroll services to improve efficiency of traditionally complex and time-consuming tasks for global and local businesses. Using strategic perspective and technology helps align a company’s practices and policies with its corporate vision, open new channels of communication, improve processes, and help manage costs.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you...
You are someone with:
- A minimum of 24 months of payroll related experience – this can be either domestic Australian payroll processing and/or shadow payroll calculations for expatriate clients who remain on home country payroll
- A strong attention to detail and accuracy in payroll processing
- A passion to provide excellence in customer service to our internal clients
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with all employee related issues
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple and competing priorities
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume processing environment
- Computer literate in both excel and word
At Deloitte, we focus our energy on interesting and impactful work. We’re always learning, innovating and setting the standard; making a positive difference to our clients and our society. We put coaching at the heart of what we do, helping our people grow their careers in any direction – whether it be up, moving into something new, or even moving across the world.
We embrace diversity, equity and inclusion. We have a diverse collection of people from different backgrounds, with different experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. What binds us together is a shared commitment to value everyone’s perspective and to cultivate inclusion; so that our work environment is a safe space we can all belong.
We prioritise flexibility and choice. At Deloitte, you get trust on Day 1. We know our people get their best work done when they’re in control of where and how they work, designing their work week around their client, team and personal commitments.
We help you live and work well. To support your personal and professional life, we offer a range of perks and benefits, including retail discounts, wellbeing leave, paid volunteering days, twelve flexible working options, market-leading parental leave and return to work support package.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now, we’d love to hear from you!
By applying for this job, you’ll be assessed against the Deloitte Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards so that you can grow in your career, and we can provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.