Manager | Intelligent Capital Projects | Sydney
Job Type: Full time
- Work alongside and learn from top management consulting talent
- Grow your leadership potential with market leading coaching and learning experiences
- Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
Deloitte Consulting Transformation and Performance provides a dynamic environment where you will work on challenging projects across a range of high-profile client organisations.
What will your typical day look like?
A career in Intelligent Capital Projects means you will be working alongside Australia’s infrastructure leaders making Australia more sustainable, competitive and higher performing by transforming the way capital projects are developed, delivered and operated by:
- Engaging directly with high profile clients on their most important and challenging business issues in delivering their priority capital programs across a range of asset intensive industries including transport, renewable energy, utilities, defence and resources.
- Working as part of a diverse high performing team across the project lifecycle from planning to delivery to operations.
- Combining with Deloitte’s industry leading capabilities in Digital, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and experience from our global consulting network to support clients transform the way they deliver capital projects using digital technologies.
- Managing complex programs of works, including multiple work streams in an agile manner and a diverse group of stakeholders through a sustainable change program.
- Undertaking extensive training and development (both structured and on the job).
- Working as a leader in our team to drive strategy and culture, as well as mentoring and managing diverse teams.
About the team
Our Capital Projects Team’s focus is to help clients use their capital program to implement their corporate strategies through strategic project development, design of delivery and operations models, program management across the project lifecycle, and using technology to improve efficiency and enhance delivery of stakeholder outcomes. Our focus is on supporting organisations in the strategy, feasibility, planning, procurement and delivery of major capital projects with a focus towards environmental sustainability.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
In response to strong client demand for our services we are currently seeking a Manager within our Capital Projects Team. We encourage anyone who possesses the following experience and skills, regardless of background, to apply:
- Capital programs consulting experience in asset intensive industries in a consulting firm or an internal advisory role.
- Demonstrated experience across the project lifecycle from project development and planning, project and program management, project controls and transition to operations.
- Experience in the development of major capital projects, including capital portfolio planning, project feasibility, planning, procurement and delivery.
- Experience in any of the following areas would also be valuable:
- Implementation of digital technologies in project controls, BIM and GIS to support capital projects.
- Asset management.
- Operating model design, business process management, complex transformation, and operational improvement.
- Quantitative analytical and financial modelling skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling arguments at both senior and working levels.
- Curiosity to learn and proactivity to bring forward ideas.
- Experience leading and mentoring teams with a passion to develop others as well as self.
At Deloitte, we focus our energy on interesting and impactful work. We’re always learning, innovating and setting the standard; making a positive difference to our clients and our society. We put coaching at the heart of what we do, helping our people grow their careers in any direction – whether it be up, moving into something new, or even moving across the world.
We embrace diversity, equity and inclusion. We have a diverse collection of people from different backgrounds, with different experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. What binds us together is a shared commitment to value everyone’s perspective and to cultivate inclusion; so that our work environment is a safe space we can all belong.
We prioritise flexibility and choice. At Deloitte, you get trust on Day 1. We know our people get their best work done when they’re in control of where and how they work, designing their work week around their client, team and personal commitments. We also provide the opportunity to experience borderless careers through international assignments and secondments.
We help you live and work well. To support your personal and professional life, we offer a range of perks and benefits, including retail discounts, banking, finance and wellbeing program discounts, wellbeing leave, paid volunteering days, twelve flexible working options, Salary packaging (to suit your personal and financial circumstances), market-leading parental leave and return to work support package.
Looking for a place to grow your consulting skills across diverse projects and clients? Find out why Deloitte is the place for you. To learn more about Deloitte's flexible work Arrangements click here.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now, we’d love to hear from you!
By applying for this job, you’ll be assessed against the Deloitte Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards so that you can grow in your career, and we can provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.