Consultant/Senior Consultant | Capital Projects and Asset Transformation | Sydney
Job Type: Full time
- Flexible work arrangements - work in a way that suits you best
- World-class learning and leadership programs
- Salary packaging - to suit your personal and financial circumstances
Deloitte Consulting Capital Projects Team provides a dynamic environment where you will work on challenging projects, across a range of high-profile client organisations.
What will your typical day look like?
A career in Intelligent Capital Projects means you will be working alongside Australia’s infrastructure leaders making Australia more sustainable, competitive and higher performing by transforming the way capital projects are developed, delivered and operated by:
- Solving the toughest problems across a range of asset intensive industries including transport, renewable energy, utilities, defence and resources – never a boring day.
- Working as part of a diverse high performing team across the project lifecycle from planning to delivery to operations.
- Combining with Deloitte’s industry leading capabilities in Digital, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and experience from our global consulting network to support clients transform the way they deliver capital projects using digital technologies.
- Working across complex programs of works in an agile manner with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Undertaking capital projects, asset management, and broader operations transformation focused training and development (both structured and on the job).
- Assisting with program and project development.
- Collecting and conducting detailed analysis (desktop research, data analysis, reviewing documents etc.)
- Presenting findings to senior colleagues for direction and feedback.
- Assisting with the preparation of deliverables and reports for clients.
- Assisting with market research, client meetings and workshop facilitation.
About the team
Our Capital Projects Team’s focus is to help clients use their capital program to implement their corporate strategies through strategic project development, design of delivery and operations models, program management across the project lifecycle, and using technology to improve efficiency and enhance delivery of stakeholder outcomes. We implement new technologies to derive insights from asset management data and unlock the future in the management of infrastructure assets. Our focus is on supporting organisations in the strategy, feasibility, planning, procurement and delivery of major capital projects, as well as the management of assets with a focus towards environmental sustainability.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
In response to strong client demand for our services we are currently seeking Senior Consultants and Consultants for our Capital Projects consulting team. We encourage anyone who possesses the following experience and skills, regardless of background, to apply:
- Advisory and transformation experience in Infrastructure and Capital Projects or Asset Management.
- Consulting or problem-solving experience would be advantageous or have experience working in asset intensive industries like transport, utilities or resources.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling arguments at both senior and working levels.
- Ability to own and deliver discrete pieces of work.
- Support facilitation of client meetings / workshops.
- Quantitative, analytical, and data modelling skills.
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Curiosity to learn and proactivity to bring forward ideas.
At Deloitte, we focus our energy on interesting and impactful work. We’re always learning, innovating and setting the standard; making a positive difference to our clients and our society. We put coaching at the heart of what we do, helping our people grow their careers in any direction – whether it be up, moving into something new, or even moving across the world.
We embrace diversity, equity and inclusion. We have a diverse collection of people from different backgrounds, with different experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. What binds us together is a shared commitment to value everyone’s perspective and to cultivate inclusion; so that our work environment is a safe space we can all belong.
We prioritise flexibility and choice. At Deloitte, you get trust on Day 1. We know our people get their best work done when they’re in control of where and how they work, designing their work week around their client, team and personal commitments. We also provide the opportunity to experience borderless careers through international assignments and secondments.
We help you live and work well. To support your personal and professional life, we offer a range of perks and benefits, including retail discounts, banking, finance and wellbeing program discounts, wellbeing leave, paid volunteering days, twelve flexible working options, Salary packaging (to suit your personal and financial circumstances), market-leading parental leave and return to work support package.
Looking for a place to grow your consulting skills across diverse projects and clients? Find out why Deloitte is the place for you. To learn more about Deloitte's flexible work Arrangements click here.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now, we’d love to hear from you!
By applying for this job, you’ll be assessed against the Deloitte Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards so that you can grow in your career, and we can provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.