Manager | Quantitative Credit Risk | SYD / MEL
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: 33430
- Flexible work arrangements - work in a way that suits you best
- 18 weeks paid parental leave + 12 months return to work support (work 4 days and get paid 5)
- Bi-annual promotion cycles
As a Manager in the Financial Risk team, you will work with a wide range of clients across the banking sector by providing advisory services to enhance their credit risk management practices, policies and processes, using specialist knowledge, data analytics and modelling skills, innovative solutions, reporting and visualisation techniques. You will lead and enhance client relationships, working on issues that matter to the industry, including lending transformation, Basel III and IFRS9 models and reporting, risk management frameworks, and the continuous improvement of models and their risks.
What will your typical day look like?
- Assist in the delivery of credit risk related solutions, analytics and advice
- Work with a highly driven team across a range of projects focused in the financial services industry
- Utilise and develop your quantitative, problem solving, statistical / data science, analytical and communication skills through model development and model validation engagements
- Use your credit risk experience to deliver impactful change and improvements to credit lifecycle processes
- Understand the market landscape and disruptive trends and translate these to market-leading business opportunities
- Coach, mentor and inspire junior members of the team
About the team
Deloitte Financial Risk is a local team with approachable Partners that are considered leaders in our industry. We have a mix of experienced credit risk strategy practitioners, consultants, data analytics specialists and regulatory experts that help our clients continue to improve their financial Risk Management practices using deep industry expertise and data driven insights.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You may have all or some of the following skills / experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a relevant statistical, data scientist, engineering or mathematical field
- A minimum of 3-5 years' working experience in a consulting firm or large financial institution
- Experience building, reviewing and validating credit risk models such as PD, LGD, EAD models for decisioning, IFRS9 and Regulatory Capital purposes
- Experience in credit strategy management, portfolio analytics, portfolio management or portfolio stress testing
- Expertise in field with financial services skills and a deep knowledge of the Regulatory and IFRS landscape
- Confident and credible communicator, both oral and written
- A solid technical grounding in SAS, R Programming, Python or SQL
- Experience in machine learning and advanced analytics techniques is highly desirable
- Experience in visual communication of analysis (e.g. SAS VA, Tableau, QlikView, Qlik Sense, Power BI) is highly desirable
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills, with a commitment to excellence and quality in delivery
At Deloitte, we focus our energy on interesting and impactful work. We’re always learning, innovating and setting the standard; making a positive difference to our clients and our society. We put coaching at the heart of what we do, helping our people grow their careers in any direction – whether it be up, moving into something new, or even moving across the world.
We embrace diversity, equity and inclusion. We have a diverse collection of people from different backgrounds, with different experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. What binds us together is a shared commitment to value everyone’s perspective and to cultivate inclusion; so that our work environment is a safe space we can all belong.
We prioritise flexibility and choice. At Deloitte, you get trust on Day 1. We know our people get their best work done when they’re in control of where and how they work, designing their work week around their client, team and personal commitments.
We help you live and work well. To support your personal and professional life, we offer a range of perks and benefits, including retail discounts, wellbeing leave, paid volunteering days, twelve flexible working options, market-leading parental leave and return to work support package.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now, we’d love to hear from you!
#LI - Hybrid
By applying for this job, you’ll be assessed against the Deloitte Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards so that you can grow in your career, and we can provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally. The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.