Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Senior Manager, WHS - SYD CHO
Job Type: Full time
Get ready to experience the world of DHL Express! Since 1969 we have been connecting people and businesses across the globe, and now we're inviting you to join us on this journey!
Are you ready to deliver exceptional results and take your career to newHEIGHTS!
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Yearly bonus of up to 24% of your generous salary package!
- Hybrid working (come into the office only 5 days a fortnight)
- $200 yearly health and well-being allowance
- $500 yearly international travel allowance
- Long service awards, recognition events and monetary prizes
- Paid parental leave (continuation of superannuation payments)
- Inclusive culture with employee-led diversity groups
- Certified byWork180as an equal-opportunity employer
- EAP for you and your immediate family
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Lead, develop and coach a small dynamic team of WHS officers to support all sites across Australia
- This is a full-time permanent position, working business hours from Monday through Friday
- You will be required to travel during peak months (approximately 20%)
- Progression Potential: Senior Manager within other functions (HR, Security, Operations, Business Improvement) and/or Area Manager
- Develop and implement strategies and programs to prevent workplace fatality, injuries, disease and ill health
- Provide specialised advice on WHS matters to the wider business
- Support and aid managers, on-site staff and committee members in fostering a positive safety culture and WHS mindset
- Oversee and manage the audit program and provide comprehensive reports on findings
- Evaluate pre-employment health assessments and provide recruitment guidance
- Collaborate with relevant regulatory authorities to address and resolve WHS concerns
- Ensure all business divisions are compliant with applicable laws, regulations and DHL requirements
WHAT CAN YOU BRING?
- Extensive experience within the WHS industry especially with Comcare and Self Insurance
- Cert IV, Diploma or Bachelor Degree in WHS or another relevant field
- Working knowledge of WHS legislation, relevant Australian Standards and Codes of Practice
- Genuine deep passion for safety and people
- Genuine Leadership Qualities – Head, Heart and Guts
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management with an eye for detail
Don’t hesitate and level up your career today!