Leading Hand PM
Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Full time
When you work with us you'll find that we deliver results; without compromising on respect. We value each other's differences while recognising individual strength.
We are the world's leading contract logistics company. We create competitive advantages for our customers through customised warehousing and transportation services. We combine our global scale with local knowledge and sector experience.
At DHL Supply Chain (DSC) Australia there's more to a role than the work we do. Whatever your role is, we never forget that you make us who we are. We work hard to make sure a career with DHL is as satisfying and successful as it can be.
Join a supportive work environment where you'll have the tools and training you need to grow and succeed.
DHL Supply Chain Australia is a Great Place To Work certified.
Please Note DHL Internal applications close on 26/05/2023.
In this job you will:
As a Leading Hand at DHL, you'll overcome daily logistical challenges to ensure warehouse operations run smoothly. In a fast-paced environment, where every day is different, you'll have the autonomy to make decisions and be able to continually grown professionally. Use your talents to lead a committed team to greatness and drive the future of logistics, using the latest technology.
- Lead a team & ensure that objectives are communicated and achieved on a daily basis
- Ensure operational performance across all functions including but not limited to: inbound/outbound/picking/packing/inventory
- Support & drive inventory control and accuracy across the operation
- Customer interaction including maintaining good working relationships & responding to all enquiries in a timely manner
- Maintaining stock integrity in warehouse including adhering to DHL policies & procedures
- Following safe work practices and work instructions
- Assist with identifying training needs & opportunities to develop the team
You have the following qualities & qualifications:
- Solid operational experience working in a high volume warehouse/3PL environment
- Proven customer facing experience with the ability to deliver superior customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders
- Demonstrated Leadership skills
- WMS experience – including exposure to the various functions
- A clear understanding of inventory management & the investigation process
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)