Business Support Manager
Job Type: Full time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Support Manager to join our Business & Customer Solutions team, the preferred location for deployment Sydney office – however we may consider applications from alternative locations i.e., Brisbane or Melbourne Station.
DHL is the leading global brand in the logistics industry. Our DHL divisions offer an unrivaled portfolio of logistics services ranging from national and international parcel delivery, e-commerce shipping and fulfillment solutions, international express, road, air, and ocean transport to industrial supply chain management. With about 380,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide, DHL connects people and businesses securely and reliably, enabling global sustainable trade flows. With specialized solutions for growth markets and industries including technology, life sciences, healthcare, engineering, manufacturing & energy, auto-mobility, and retail, DHL is decisively positioned as “The logistics company for the world”.
Overall Role Purpose
The Business Support Manager is responsible for:
- Provide first level Product Management & Station Operational support utilising relevant systems (ie. CW1, Expedient, FSI, etc), knowledge transfer/ information sharing, training, testing, and review of additional CW1 functionalities
- Support management with roll out of corporate projects
- Be party to some collaborative decisions, and work with others to reach an optimal conclusion
- Provide first-level (non-technical) support to users of global & local applications (i.e.; CW1, Expedient, EDM, FSI, etc.).
- Supporting new operational employees complete mandatory induction program (incl. CW1 training)
- Receive, interpret, and communicate information regarding changes to systems to the best users and others in AU & PG.
- Design and present appropriate user training programs to address identified training needs and process changes necessary due to new/changed system requirements.
- Measure and report the status of current Operational KPIs and drive improvement in all Operational areas to ensure the achievement of set targets.
- Work with regional Product Teams to ensure Station Metric targets are met and identify areas of improvement to achieve targets
- Identify, document, and implement suitable local business processes applicable to global & local applications to support the achievement of specified organisational goals.
- Identify/Escalate Operational & System issues through the appropriate channels and monitor resolution for training, implementation, and communication purposes
- Review and update local Operational work instructions to ensure they align with Country and corporate procedures and established standards.
- Co-work with relevant business partners to ensure the latest tools and methodology are being leveraged.
- Participate in Operational System related projects designed to improve processes, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
- Help to identify and ensure best practices using First Choice methodologies
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of three (3) years of operational forwarding experience
- CW1 Experience
- Clear & concise communication skills
- Ability to think about the impact of proposed solutions prior to implementing
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to present at the management level
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- The high degree of reliability and attention to detail
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
Why DHL Global Forwarding?
Apart from a competitive hourly rate; a positive & friendly team, and the ability to cross-train and offer career progression we also have some awesome Employee Benefits.
Not only do you get discounts on everything from Health Insurance, Flights, Car Hire, Hotel Accommodation, etc. – but you also get to work with a great team of passionate people all working towards a common goal – delivering the best, proactive service for our clients!
Excellence. Simply Delivered.
So if you’re reading this thinking, this is ME! We’d love to hear from you right away.
Applicants will be required to possess full Australian work rights.