Greystanes | Supervisor
Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity to join DHL in a leadership role
As a Supervisor at DHL, you'll overcome daily logistical challenges to ensure warehouse operations run smoothly. In a fast-paced environment, where every day is different, you'll have the autonomy to make decisions and be able to continually grow professionally. Use your talents to lead a committed team to greatness and drive the future of logistics, using the latest technology. Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Lead operations for a household name customer
- Support, manage and develop a large operational team
- Manage the allocation of appropriate resources to achieve agreed objectives and targets
- Guide the activities of coordinators to ensure customer success and achieve overall objectives
- Maintain and build on effective relationships with customers
- The ability to meet time specific deadlines
Please Note DHL Internal applications close on 24/9/23.
DHL Supply Chain is a Great Place to Work
We are the world's leading contract logistics company and when you work with us you'll find that we value each other's differences whilst recognising individual strengths. We never forget that you make us who we are and we work hard to make sure a career with DHL is as satisfying and successful as it can be.
Join a supportive work environment where you'll have the tools and training you need to grow and succeed. Beyond our impressive culture, we also offer our employees:
- A world class training program to expand your skillset and drive your career forward
- Annual bonuses and merit reviews to ensure you are rewarded for your contribution to our success
- Staff engagement opportunities including monthly site lunches, competitions and events
- Employee of the month and employee of the year recognition
- Impressive staff discounts at many of our customers who are an essential part of everyday life
DHL Supply Chain is committed to fostering an environment where employees feel comfortable to balance their priorities, work commitments, team engagement and work/life balance in collaboration with their manager, ensuring good and productive outcomes for all. We will support flexible working arrangements that are tailored to the individual role requirements.
Join us and find out why DHL Supply Chain Australia is a Great Place To Work certified.
You have the following qualities & qualifications:
- Experience working in a 3PL warehouse with sound warehousing principles
- Proven performance management and strong leadership experience
- Highly experienced in building and maintaining customer relationships
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of a WMS System - ideally Manhattan
- Proven Continuous Improvement and problem solving skills
- Confident and able to engage, motivate and lead people to achieve individual and team goals
- A passion for managing team dynamics
- High level planning and organisational skills to ensure operation excellence
- Superior software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- A police clearance is required for this position, completed during the recruitment process