Senior Full Stack Engineer | Sydney | Hybrid | Hiring due to growth
Job Type: Full time
At Displayr, our mission is to make it easier for everyone to find and share the stories in their data. We do this by creating software that makes it easy to do all aspects of data analysis and reporting, from simple tables through to machine learning, PowerPoint automation to online dashboards.
We're a bootstrapped and profitable company - no debt, no external investors. In the last seven years, we've grown from 11 to 91 people, and we have 1,500 great clients all around the world, from small businesses through to Amazon. Our NPS is 70 and more than half of our employees are in engineering.
Our Glassdoor score is 5.0 and we are proud to have scored 97% with the Great Places to Work certification. We partner with Work180 to foster a workplace that is diverse and inclusive.
We are also proud to have recently won 1st place in the Great Places to Work, Best Tech Companies list for 2023 for small employers.
With our Head Office in Sydney, Australia, we are looking for exceptional talent to join our team remotely from anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.
What you'll be doing
- Working with Product and Architects to take business needs and design/architect technical solutions.
- Working with your team to support other engineers by providing technical advice and creative problem solving
- Identifying bugs, capturing information, and following internal processes (JIRA) to solve problems, and reduce technical debt
- Lead by example by creating clean, high-quality code that is well thought out and documented.
- Share your knowledge with others through mentoring and collaboration
- Updating Confluence and OneNote with improvements and changes to processes.
- Peer reviewing your colleagues' code and providing feedback.
- Working with QA to test new code and product features before UAT and final approval.
- Supporting the engineering team with software releases.
- Following Agile and Scrum frameworks.
- You have at least 5 years of solid development experience.
- Previous experience working with Data or with a SaaS platform is preferred.
- You have a Degree in Computer Science or Computer Software.
- You deeply understand the platforms and libraries you use.
- Your CV is full of achievements you are proud of.
- You are concise, clear, and courteous in your communication.
- You are curious and innovative.
- You take calculated risks and are not afraid of failure.
Our tech stack
- Back-end: C#, SQL.
- Supporting systems: C#, Python, R, Rust, Node.js.
- Platforms: Azure, AWS, Kubernetes.
- At Displayr you are not just a cog in a large engine. You’ll be able to see the decisions you make have a tangible impact.
- If you want to work on big thorny problems that will build upon, test, and show off your exceptional technical skills, then you’ll thrive at Displayr.
- Displayr is entirely bootstrapped and continues to grow safely.
- Displayr has a high-trust environment, where you’ll be given a serious degree of autonomy and flexibility.
- We prefer evidence over intuition, experience, and "best practice".
- We work hard to make the best idea win, not the idea of the most experienced person.
- International company - offices in Sydney, Chicago, and London
We believe that a workplace that welcomes a variety of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds is important and will only push us to be better. We never discriminate on the basis of gender, age, ethnic background, disability status, religion, or sexual orientation.