CTO (Chief Technology Officer) | Sydney
Job Type: Full time
At Displayr, our mission is to make it easier for everyone to find and share the stories in their data. We do this by creating software that makes it easy to do all aspects of data analysis and reporting, from simple tables through to machine learning, PowerPoint automation to online dashboards.
Our Engineering team is at the heart of this mission, and we need YOU.
We're a bootstrapped and profitable company - no debt, no external investors. In the last seven years, we've grown from 11 to 91 people, and we have 1,500 great clients all around the world, from small businesses through to Amazon. Our NPS is 70 and more than half of our employees are in engineering.
Our Glass door score is 5.0 and we are proud to have scored 97% with the Great Places to Work certification. We partner with Work180 to foster a workplace that is diverse and inclusive.
We are proud to have won 1st place in the Great Places to Work, Best Tech Companies list for 2023 for small employers.
About the role
As CTO, working in a hybrid environment from our Pyrmont Office, you will be responsible for leading the engineering function, ensuring the delivery of high-quality software, improving our processes, and helping our team to thrive.
We are looking for an experienced, successful software CTO, with the following stand-out skills and experience;
- Expertise in the transformation of monolithic applications to cloud-native architecture.
- Great at making high-quality decisions in uncertain/ambiguous environments.
- Experience in scaling tech companies (100 employees+).
- Expertise in overseeing multiple aspects of engineering: Product Engineering, Site Reliability/Platform Engineering, Security.
- Experience in setting company-wide technical strategy.
- Great at hiring.
- Strong commercial nous.
Our Tech Stack
- Back-end: C#, SQL.
- Supporting systems: C#, Python, R, Rust, Node.js.
- Platforms: Azure, AWS, Kubernetes.
- Competitive base salary.
- Relocation allowance.
- Share options in the business (join a fast-growing company in its early stages).
- 14 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Relaxed workplace and culture.
- Flexible working hours.
- Full-time or Part-time roles available.
- Training allowance to help you grow your skills.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Head office by the water in Pyrmont, Sydney, with access to pool and tennis court.
We believe that a workplace that welcomes a variety of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds is important and will only push us to be better. We never discriminate on the basis of gender, age, ethnic background, disability status, religion, or sexual orientation.