Job Type: Full time
Downer has a long history of delivering transport infrastructure projects under a variety of contracting models. Services include the design and construction of light rail, heavy rail, bridge and roads, as well as track and station work, signalling and rail safety technology.
Our Northern Infrastructure Business have an opportunity for a seasoned Project Manager to join the Infrastructure Projects team and lead the Queensland Program of Works. This is also an opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer looking for the next step and challenge their skills. This role is based at our Milton Office in Brisbane
About The Role:
Prepare detailed plans, schedules and work method statements for tenders and project works. The role also requires estimating and other related activities as tasked by key stakeholders and ensure compliance to Downer Project Control Standards across the projects within the region.
Specific Accountabilities Include:
- Responsible for preparation of detailed project programs and baseline schedules on time & in consultation with estimators, for tenders prepared for Downer Infrastructure Projects.
- Deal effectively and appropriately with subcontractors and estimating team members to obtain “best for project” schedules and plans.
- Review subcontractors' construction programmes and other 3rd Party programmes against the master Project Programmes and assess their impacts.
- Ensure all documentation is correctly stored and filed both electronically and in hard copy.
- Create a realistic project schedule for each job, conversant with project complexity and client requirements. Identify schedule related risks and opportunities in the process. Review with Bid Manager and / or Estimating Manager prior to submission.
- Assist in the preparation of subcontractor (RFQ) Request for Quotations and the evaluation to assist estimating best practice principals.
- Support the estimating team to ensure robust tender inputs and provide support through Downer Governance reviews to ensure best practice estimating.
- Degree qualifications in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Demonstrated capability in Civil Construction with exposure to major infrastructure projects;
- Strong engineering experience within Roads Construction with Main Roads experience.
- Must be RPEQ qualified or working towards
- Proven experience from a Tier 1 or Tier 2 major civil contractor desirable
- Ability to interpret and apply contracts' terms and legislation provisions
- Developed financial planning and budgeting skills and delivering positive results.
- Capable of managing designs and specifications
- Developed analytical and planning/prioritisation skills
- Ensure that sub-contractors' and suppliers are engaged in line with Downer's procurement procedures, specifically ensuring that they deliver on the Zero Harm imperatives and their specific subcontract/supply agreement
- Possess exceptional negotiating and influencing skills
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
- Lifestyle, financial, health and wellbeing employee benefits
Downer works to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace that facilitates opportunity and respect. Our focus on gender and cultural inclusiveness is active and ongoing, and through various initiatives we aim to help close the gap between indigenous and non-indigenous communities.
How To Apply:
To be considered for this opportunity, please use the link and apply online. Applications emailed directly to the recruitment team will not be considered.
For more information, please contact Antonio Delle Donne, Recruitment and Sourcing Business Partner on email@example.com before the closing date.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the closing date – applications may also close before this date.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resumes.