Senior Data Analyst
Location: Brisbane, Dandenong South, North Ryde, Perth
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for a Data Analyst who is passionate about storytelling through data, has an inner drive to uncover the story behind the data, and is visually and technically creative. If this sounds like you, then this is the role for you.
The Downer Group corporate environment, sustainability and reporting team, has created an exciting opportunity for a talented data analyst. As a data analyst on our team, you will be responsible for reporting, analysing and organising data, identifying gaps, and developing and implementing reporting solutions within the sustainability and workplace health and safety data domains.
Strong technical knowledge, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work with a range of stakeholders to deliver on agreed outcomes are essential for success in this role.
Reporting to the Group Zero Harm Manager – Reporting and Data Analytics, you will be responsible for:
- Working with business groups to identify key reporting metrics and KPIs and providing input into delivery through report prototyping, dashboards, documentation of business rules and validation of delivered reports.
- Manipulate and integrate data from a variety of sources to identify patterns, trends and outliers
- Present insights and trends to key stakeholders to support continuous improvement and improve business performance
- Optimise existing reporting process through automation and upskilling of functional support personnel.
- Analysis and project work to support our transition to Azure ML Cloud Ops.
- Meet and maintain individual and team objectives
- Strong proficiency in MS T-SQL, MySQL, DAX/Power Query
- Demonstrable experience with designing, developing and implementing Power BI reports.
- Experience with data modelling
- Knowledge and recent experience in extract, transform and load (ETL) processes and theory
- Demonstrated experience as a Data Analyst in large, complex environments, working with large qualitative and quantitative datasets, identifying trends and presenting outcomes
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Power Platforms (Power Bi / Power Automate and PowerApps).
- Highly-developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to troubleshoot / self-resolve when problems arise (problem/pattern recognition / on-the-job learning).
- Tertiary qualification (highly regarded)
- Your curious nature and energetic personality are key attributes for the role
If this sounds like you, apply now!
For further information, please contact Susie Cooper at email@example.com
Please do not send applications to this email address as it will not be accepted.