Job Type: Full time
Queenstown local or wanting to move to the area? We are looking for general hand workers to help us deliver on our existing and upcoming contracts. Excellent opportunity to join our experienced crews in a busy, dynamic role. We put our people first and place emphasis on your training and development, constantly upskilling and providing your with training opportunities.
What will you be doing?
As part of our dedicated construction team, you’ll be working on any number of projects from subdivisions, earthworks, drainage, structure repairs…
You’ll be responsible for:
- Helping with safe site setup for your crew and the general public
- Assisting with installation of framework and prep work
- Operating a range of plant
- Working as part of a cohesive team to deliver to projects
- Optimising the use of company resources and contributing to the successful completion of contracts
- Ensuring efficient use of materials, supplies and equipment
This is primarily a Monday – Friday role but the job does occasionally involve weekend work and staying away to meet our project requirements.
Experience in the civil contracting or construction industry will serve you well in this role and you will hold your work to high standards. You will be a team player with an organised, systematic and good-humoured approach. We’d value your confidence to communicate well with your crew and add value with your expertise in the field. Flexibility with regards to your availability and work location is also beneficial.
With a busy and confirmed pipeline of work, we can offer stability and long term progression opportunities.
- A competitive pay rate with uniform and all PPE gear supplied
- Access to a range of corporate discounts and benefits including offers of subsidised insurance, gym memberships, retail discounts and free counselling services etc
- A supportive team environment where you’re trusted and given the tools to deliver and excel in your chosen field
If this is sounding like you, we would love to hear from you! Apply online or send your CV to email@example.com
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.